3xP' CoD4 server rules - Discussion

• Edit: This is the discussion thread. The official thread is here.

Hi everyone.

I think we need to write down somewhere the rules for our servers.
    I will write my suggestions for these rules, along with the punishment associated if the rule is broken.

This list is opened to discussion, suggestions, and additions.
    Feel free to share your opinion on the matter and we'll decide whether we want to use your ideas ;)

Edit: The above list (in the spoiler) isn't totally up to date, if you want to discuss the actual rules, check the official thread first (and the punishments here).

__________________________________________S_____I_____G_____N_____A_____T_____U_____R_____E__________________________________________

Any problem with a 3xP' server (server down, download loop,...)? - Feel free to mention it in the shoutbox so an admin can take care of it.
    ______________________________________________________________________________

3xP' TS3 IP: ts.3xP-Clan.com | Click here to directly join it.

6 Mal editiert, zuletzt von UFaced ()

• Edited (new deathrun rules) / bump

If no one has anything to say, I'll just use my rules as official rules :P

__________________________________________S_____I_____G_____N_____A_____T_____U_____R_____E__________________________________________

Any problem with a 3xP' server (server down, download loop,...)? - Feel free to mention it in the shoutbox so an admin can take care of it.

• What about 1v1 in sniper-endrooms?
    Normally only 1 jumper can join a room, but in some maps (like Diehard or Skypillar) there is no limit.
    In my opinion all jumpers should be able to join jump/old/... rooms, but I'm not quite sure about sniping rooms, as sniping is meant to be played 1on1.
    But on the other hand DR is about ALL jumpers VS the activator.. idk

Edit: Btw, is killing also okay (instead of kicking)? It's more fun :D and the players just reconnect so it wouldn't really matter

• Btw, is killing also okay (instead of kicking)? It's more fun and the players just reconnect so it wouldn't really matter

Yeah sure no problem :D

What about 1v1 in sniper-endrooms?
    Normally only 1 jumper can join a room, but in some maps (like Diehard or Skypillar) there is no limit.

I think it should be 1v1. You can kill/kick for that. Better to warn all players with !say or !msg first though.

In my opinion all jumpers should be able to join jump/old/... rooms, but I'm not quite sure about sniping rooms, as sniping is meant to be played 1on1.
    But on the other hand DR is about ALL jumpers VS the activator.. idk

Well IMO it would be better if it was always 1v1 for any room, even old. Because I think the first who arrived should get the chance to try killing the acti first.
    But I'm not going to add that because I know not everyone agrees and it's just easier not to have the rule.

• Aren't maps like diehard designed to go more vs 1.

Nah, I think the mapper was a noob and failed his script for the room.

else we would have designed numbers and waiting rooms don't you think :P

I think many mappers just didn't think/didn't care about it.
    Or, maybe some of them actually didn't want it, but that doesn't mean other people don't want it.
    Would have helped to have that kind of waiting rooms, but since on most map there isn't one, we can try handling it with other ways. Trying to civilize the players on the server :D

pretty simple. effective. prevents lots of unnecessary whine and hate.

Same old discussion huh :D
    It may prevent whine from some people. Okay.
    Though having the rule will also prevent whine. I've seen a lot of people raging because some guy entered the room before him, even though there was no rule about it. Because even if there is no rule, some people respect lines because they think it's fairer. If you clearly state there is no rule, you will always have people still respecting the line, out of kindness, fairness, whatever. But there will be a bunch of people arriving after and trying to get in the room first, because it's allowed. But it will still make rage a lot of people who think it's better to respect the line out of courtesy.

So the conclusion is, there will always be people whining, no matter whether there is a rule or not.
    So the choice about having the rule or not is about a personal preference, and as I think it's fairer to have the rule, and I like fair situations, I decide to use that rule :)

I won't argue with you about the line bullshit. haha . up to you ^^

I still answered to you, because I like to explain why I do things in a way and not another :P

• the whole point of not having the rules is to prevent any argue about who was 2nd or 3rd etc etc when 2 people finish togheter.

What I tried to demonstrate in my previous post is that there will always be people whining about that, even if there are no rules. I understand what you mean. But I just don't think it would be that simple. There will always be people expecting courtesy from others even if there is no rule. That's what I think. I may be wrong, but my previous experiences tend to show I'm not.

True, it would give them a chance to level up faster. But frankly I don't care, because:
    1) I think level is deathrun is really just for fun. Doesn't bring any advantage over others (contrary to ktk e.g.).
    2) There aren't a lot of levels. There are plenty of maps which gives some random xp, or when your acti and activate traps, so eventually anyone playing regularly on the server will reach the last level, even if they don't get many kills.
    3) I think it gives palyers a goal. Trying to improve to get to reach the end as fast as possible, to get the chance to kill the acti.

• If I remember well, you used to permban for lagjumping, and that's not in your rules :P
    So I think we obviously need specific rules for some servers.

Also, your rule 1, 7 and 9 are all gathered in our rule #2.
    Your rule 2 is too hard IMO, there are a lot of small glitches who are just for fun and which don't harm anyone, and it would be stupid to kick for it.
    We have your rule 3.
    Rule 4, well... I think it's better if it's all the time, and not only when an admin requests it.
    Rule 5, I may add a variant of that.
    Rule 6, I don't care if someone recruits for his clan, or anything else, as long as he doesn't mention any CoD4 servers.
    Rule 8, I'll add a variant of that one too.
    Rule 10, well it's basically our rule #5.

Thanks for the ideas :P

• ofc i would perm ban everybody for everything i want :P

read rule 10 <3

xD yeah that's why I don't like this rule. It means any admin can make up his own rules whenever he wants. I think it's far better/fairer to have defined and clear rules for everyone from the beginning.

• Because of recent events, I want to mention lagjumping in 1st round.
    When I see someone lagjumping in 1st round, I don't ban him, I just warn him that if he does it in normal rounds, he'll get a ban. (doesn't happen often though, like once a month)
    I think a ban would be quite harsh because the player doesn't really disturb anyone, there's no activator and no XP, so no advantage.

But I have to say that imo members should never lagjump, regardless in which round, it's makes a bad impression on the server if people see admins lagjumping.

So what do other COD4 admins think about this?

• Because of recent events, I want to mention lagjumping in 1st round.
    When I see someone lagjumping in 1st round, I don't ban him, I just warn him that if he does it in normal rounds, he'll get a ban. (doesn't happen often though, like once a month)
    I think a ban would be quite harsh because the player doesn't really disturb anyone, there's no activator and no XP, so no advantage.

But I have to say that imo members should never lagjump, regardless in which round, it's makes a bad impression on the server if people see admins lagjumping.

So what do other COD4 admins think about this?

I agree with you.
    Well I think no matter the round, no one should lagjump, it's easier like that and it would prevent more people to learn how to do it.
    But well, as long as you don't make a harsher decision as what should be made (like permban instead of tempban), I don't really care (I mean if you decide to kick instead of tempban, or tempban 2 hours instead of 1 day, I don't really care).

• mad boy gtfo and go to your frnp clan and make it better there xD

• i think i can freely start laggjumping like baws and not interrupt the gameplay ?i think that sounds pretty fair

Ofc not, I just want to discuss about the action admins should take when they see players lagjumping in 1st round.
    1day tempban is kinda unfair when people who do worse glitches only get a kick/10min tempbanned, I think we need an update on the rules here.

• redefine as:

#1 - No lagjumping.

=> 1) Permanent ban.

#2 - No excessive trollish behavior.
    => Being the last jumper alive and just fooling around instead of
    running the map and thus making everyone wait, for instance. Or blocking
    a part of the map, etc.
    => 1)kill 2)kick

#3 - Don't glitch/Don't use bugs.

=> Don't glitch outside of the map or stuff like that, don't kill the activator if you haven't reached the end room.

=> 1) Kick; 2) ban

#4 - Don't activate on free.

=> Some maps are bugged and the activator can activate traps even if he gave free round. That's not allowed.

=> 1) kill; 2) kick

• I don't know if trusted players have the !kill cmd currently, but I think maybe they shouldn't, because the problem is that it doesn't show up on the banlist, so they can easily abuse it and we'll hardly ever notice it.
    I'll see with Mirko if it's possible maybe to make them appear on the banlist (and to have to give a reason for the kill -> !kill <player> <reason>). If it's possible then I'll change the punishments and add !kill before the kick, as you wrote.

PS: I won't change the rule numbers, I'll just state that the rule #3 is obsolete, because it would fuck up with the premade reasons numbers and I don't want to edit the whole file :P

Edit: @Slonder You're right.

• Hey,

I think that's a good idea, I'll add that rule. Though be sure the guy did it on purpose before punishing him; I know you can kill yourself by mistake as it happened to me on bigfall I think ^^