Beiträge von Funk

Congratulations on finally releasing! It's been awesome to see the map evolve from scratch and I feel great to have been involved in the process. Hopefully this isn't your last and only map. :D

I agree that the new series shouldn't be just about bhops but also about cuts and harder norpg bounces as well.

Basically the reason why botw was discontinued was because the 1 episode per week became troublesome for editors who were at the time only Viruz & Drizz. Now that there a few new ones on the block including me we could bump that team up to like 5 people or even more. The way I see it is that the more people who want to edit, the more time each editor has to make his edit. This way the editing process (hopefully) doesn't become rushy and the length as well as the quality will be better.

The name in my opinion should definitely sound more professional. So no names like 'random cuts' or 'bounce of the week'. I don't really have a lot of ideas myself but maybe it could be something like ''This Week In CJ'', or shortly TWIC which sounds pretty good at its own right.

Those are pretty much my ideas and opinions about this. I am definitely up for this if enough people will join as well. :D

I had the same problem myself. Use the 'Find / Replace' option in the textures menu and type the name of the default texture or whatever you have there atm in the 'find' tab and type the one you imported in the 'replace' tab. Sometimes the texture categories glitch out and this seems to be one of the few ways I can find my textures after I've imported them. Once the custom texture is showing in the brush you can pick the 'show in use' option in the textures menu and it should appear there now. Good Luck!

Big <3 to all who voted for me, I'm glad you enjoyed the edit.

I'd just like to congratulate KaRzye for winning the contest. Your edit was amazing and I wish I was as good as you! All the other edits were good and enjoyable as well!
    Also I thought that this competition was a great success and should therefore be held again maybe after a few months. I would definitely give it another go! This wouldn't have worked without Drizz & Viruz so a big Thank You to them! You guys did a stellar job at organizing the contest.

About future contests Noob had this really good idea of a mapping contest where each participant would create a map that consists of 10 bounces. The small map entries would then be rated again similarly like the edit contest was. Maybe after the contest all the entries could be somehow combined into a one huge one way map. We could name it like mp_community or something and I think it would work out pretty well. Lemme know what you guys think!

- Funk

Alright this is my map: mp_funky (name might change idk)

At this moment there are a total of 4 ways (ez , inter, hard and advanced). I might make an inter+ if I still have some energy left :D.

Here's a good look of the entire map right now:
    Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
    (Note that only a very little part of the map has environment atm)

Spawn Area:

Inter:
    (Inter is the only way atm which has a proper design implemented)

The Design: I've received a lot of mixed comments about the design so far. Some people are saying it looks really nice while others say its too bright with the one-coloured textures and reminds too much of other maps. I would still like to receive some feedback on that :D

The Difficulty:

EZ: The way starts off very easy with simple 125 jumps but then progresses harder to inter difficulty while also introducing some different techs and such. Goal is to keep this way easily approachable to new players.

INTER: Inter is my favorite way atm. It starts relatively ez but then quickly becomes harder. I'd say this is more of the harder end of inter ways.

HARD: With hard way I aim to provide a long enjoyable experience with different techs and jumps. It's not going to be overly hard tho. I'd say about 11-13 difficulty.

ADV: Advanced is meant for the pros. I try to avoid putting too many perf rpgs, since I don't like those type of ways myself. This is still going to be very hard. I'm aiming for a 15-16 difficulty.

The Replayability:

Obviously I wanna make each way as unique as possible with different techs and design. I don't like those maps where they make like 3 ways with an exact same design and only harder jumps. Also as all ways are in 1 skybox (atm) I was thinking of making a 'secret' way which goes through all the ways and uses some creative bounces. This way the map consists of 4 main ways as well as dozens of 'secret' jumps & bounces that create the 'secret' way. This idea is very experimental right now and i wanna do it right. But if I nail it I'm sure you guys are gonna like it :)

So When?

The map is now in a very early stage. I don't have a set release date but I can only assume that it will be done sometime this year. Obviously I don't wanna rush it out if its still clearly not done by the end of this year.

I have to say I kinda agree with Pawz, but that would also mean that I could be 'kicked' away from the team which I don't obviously want. This is why I am still quite unsure about this poll. However, I have to say that when I think of a CJ-team, it's a relatively small group of people with high skill, not 40-50 guys who can finish some hard ways.

Nice skins (especially the new rpg)! I don't have many ideas myself, but I am interested to know if some of these skins will end up in-game for us to use? It would be a nice update since we've had the current skins for quite some time now. Not that there's anything wrong with the current one's, but I think it would be a nice change just to get the game feel more fresh.

Yep we're gonna finish the map with kie after my university semester is over (june) and then I'll make the wt.
    It's not like I don't have free time every now and then atm, but in order to finish mapping(I'm involved in the development process) and then actually perform it requires top notch practice (because it's the hardest map already), which I obviously do not have right now due to me not playing and can't afford to seriously get in the game again till my semester is over.

Alright cool! Nice to see that there is at least something planned for it. I really hope that everything goes well this time and the map finally gets released and not delayed again. Good luck!

I've known Noob for quite some time now and when I saw this I was extremely happy for him. He is definitely the best person to take deleted User's place in the CJ-lead. I trust him completely to be a good leader and I'm sure he's going to make the community/team even better than it is already. Congratz Noob, you completely deserve it <3.

Hey bois!

First of all I wanna say I'm sorry for spamming you with these walkthroughs but at the moment it's the only way I can get some views.

Today I'm presenting my inter way walkthrough of the Skazy's new map: mp_restyled_v2

Currently there are no wts for this map so I decided to make one. At first I wanted to make a walkthrough of the hard way but then I realized that there are some bounces that a nub like me simple can't land.

I hope you enjoy this anyway!

Edited & Performed by Funk

Map by Skazy

Map Download: Zippyshare.com - mp_restyled_v2.rar

Songs Used:
    Insan3Lik3 - We Are The Robots (feat. Temu)
    Botnek & I SEE Monstas - Deeper Love (Snavs Remix)
    PIXL - Rat Twist

Lemme know again what you guys think and if there is something that I could improve on next time!

Hey guys!

This is my first video/wt I've ever made. For some time now I've wanted to get into making CJ-videos and editing in general. The map I chose is not that well known and overall is pretty easy. I wanted to start with something that wasn't too hard. This map also didn't have a walkthrough (or atleast I think it doesn't) so here you go. I tried to get the quality to be as good as possible, but idk it still seems it could be better. I'm obviously looking for some tips to make it even greater. Also, I kinda messed up the run itself so sorry for the more visible cuts. I will definitely try to make a better job on that next time. Otherwise I hope you enjoy watching it as much as I did making it and lemme know what you think about it.

)

Edited & Performed by: Funk

Map by: Werax & Beload

Map Download: Index of /usermaps/mp_wtf/

Songs Used: Subformat - More (feat. Charli Brix)