Beiträge von Skorp

Well hello there, you guys seemed fine with my memes thread and so beacuse that is very close to being "dead" I thought why not make another potentionally interesting offtopic.

So yeah, post the proccess of did have you come up with the nickname you're using. No matter if it is a rather simple story or a really long one, feel free to go ahead and share yours.

I'm going to start with mine:

Ok, so this story started about 7 years ago. I was 11 years old and I wanted to create a new character in this MMORPG called "4Story" (it's not a very well known game but it's cool). At the time I really liked what did the word scorpion sound like so given how fantastic my english was I decided to name my character "KingOfSkorpion". So I typed the name on my keyboard and pressed Enter. What I didn't notice though was that the name was too long which resulted in the "on" being removed, ending up with the name "KingOfSkorpi".
    Then approximately 3 years later after using this nickname pretty much everywhere online I wanted to join this small clan that some friends made on deathrun. They said that if I wanted to join I'd have to remove the "KingOf" off of my name and so I did. Later when I left the clan just "Skorpi" looked way too short so I decided to add the "ik" to the end of my name, resulting in my name being "Skorpiik".

Hey guys, I've been thinking about creating a thread like this for a while. Post your originial 3xP or Codjumper releated memes in here. This should be fun!

Let me start off with these:

I suppose I should point out that the memes posted in here shouldn't be taken as offensive. It's just for fun :)

Quality standarts for montages are really high these days. I can see it being really nerve wracking to make a big montage now, but you make it sound like you're losing motivation to start the editing part, which is usually like the first sign of a montagemaker starting to care less about how the montage goes. I don't know what family problems you're going through and how bad it is. Either way I'd like to see a little more communication between you and the montagejumpers. You do communicate quite a bit, I know that, but just informing maybe about your thought proccess behind the editing part instead of links to your walls of texts about when do you feel like you could possibly start the editing part. You have to admit 8 months long demo collection time is highly above avarage.

About those guys who you talked about that sent their demos to multiple montages without telling that to anyone, maybe call them out publically so that they would know that it is bad to do that. You know who those people are i guess. :evil::) <3

1) mp_mystic_v2
    I love maps that are long, easy and have a lot of fun cuts. Mv2 has all that. It is also one of my favourite speedrun maps and the map is very nostalgic. I remember watching freakz's walkthrough of the map so many times hoping i'd finish it someday and i eventually did after spending 5 hours straight trying to finish using all of the shortcuts. It's a very nostalgic map for me

2) mp_dark_v3
    Fantastically made map! It's hard but the bounces are made in a way that it's always fun to just spend 2 hours playing through the whole map

3) mp_qube
    The simplistic design and fun easy bounces is why i like this map so much, it's just awesome

4) mp_descent
    Generally amazing map with great bounces. Again one of my favourite maps to speedrun.

5) mp_minecraft
    Bounces are made very well. It's my favourite "hard" map to speedrun (the whole map i mean, not just skip to end). It's so much fun to play!

130 bounces per way sounds pretty far! :P would think again about it :D

Well, as I said I want to recreate every area there is in Undertale. And I want to build as much of every one of those areas as possible. It might go even up to 150 bounces pew way, if necessary.

Here's some screenshots from a map i've been working on on and off.
    It's called mp_under_the_tale and it's based on the game called Undertale.
    Basically i want to recreate every single area from Undertale, with it being around 130~ bounces per way.
    There will be 2 ways, first one is Pacifist way. That will be like an inter diff way.
    Then there is the Genocide way. That will be the hard way with difficulty of around 15/20.

I think the problem here is simply just those people who sent a demo to ywcd that they have already sent to fris' montage. Big montages obviously take a long time to make, so these people should be patient, or at least inform Fris that they're sending their demo somewhere else. I understand that people might be worried that their epic demo will be done by someone else in a different montage, but that's a part of the experience.

This map is fantastic! I can't believe it's your first map. I love those types of maps that are bit easier and are fun to just play through the whole map. Hope you continue mapping cause mp_astral is amazing! :)