Kill The King - Suggestion!

• Hi there !

So I have come up with a suggestion that might just be what KTK needs right now, I will just copy-paste what I said in the chat since it's scary to write in a thread ;xD

I have noticed that there are not a lot of players playing on KTK nowadays, and when there are players they are mostly low prestige or no prestige at all, which makes the game very dull and unbalanced against old players.
    So I come up with a suggestion that will not only make the game a bit more interesting and balanced, it will also have the potential to boost player count and attract new players. Basically grant all newly connected players as well as old ones with low rank a set prestige.
    My suggestion is to give players at least 20-25 prestige so they can really have fun with the mod and even if it won't work on a large scale it will still make current players more motivated to play;xd

I would add more detailed argumentation but that should be enough for starters;x

Best Regards,

Yuri

• While I agree with you that having no prestige is giving you a hard time, like no fast reload or more damage, there is one Issue coming up with that.

Player which earned them through playing for a long time are completely disregarded. For example in my case, it took me roughly 400 hours of Playtime to reach Prestige 48 with around 60k Kills, after that I stuck with the same Level for a long time because I simply had nothing left to unlock which would fit into my playstyle.

According to that, it's a punishment for old Players who worked hard for this advantage. It's rather a problem of dedication if you want to get better over time time than the more occurring problem people only want to get points and kills by only sitting in some corner for the most easiest way.

Giving out lower amounts of Prestige Levels isn't that bad, like 2-3 for some basic perks but your suggested amount is way to high.
    Another thing, who should give out those Levels? Right now only Admins are when someone lost their Rank but you can't expect them to check several times a day for doing that. As for UFaced, I'm pretty sure he is busy at the moment If that is currently unchanged.

• Fine, let's just disregard the server. After all it's better if people leave due to being unable to play against old players and not really having experienced the mod in it's fullest (actually even partially) then to give them some boost.

Oh congratulations, you spent so much time playing so you don't want new people to have a standing chance against you even though the server is in critical state; if we don't let them experience KTK now, they never will, since it's going to to be completely dead in the near future.

According to what? To your inner self telling you "oh no these people might get free rank and it's so unfair to me"? Please consider the bigger picture.

The amount of prestige given is up for debate but it would be close to pointless if it were just 2-3.

There is a thing called scripting, it's a very simple thing to make it automatic.

Also I am saying all this from the same position as you, I too have spent a lot of time getting my 32 Prestige but I have no objections against saving such a great server.

• Tbh, I don't think the server isn't popular because u don't get any rank / have a disadvantage over older players.

I've played Ktk few times & didnt even notice that i had less perks or w/e than other players.
    From what i'm seeing with the ktk server it's just that it doesn't have any admin / trusted players population, which is the start of a server imo.
    I wouldn't leave because my gun would reload slower etc.

• Well, I think you are underestimating the influence of these factors, of course one might not notice this just by playing a few times casually but if someone with just a little bit of competitive mind for instance joins the game, plays a few times and realizes that in order to really enjoy the game he needs perk points, and that some people already have a big edge over them, they will be less likely to come back.

It's true that there's rarely ever any admin on KTK but in the recent time I have noticed that there are some Trusted Players playing and anyway I don't believe it has such a large impact on the population.

I haven't ever heard of people leaving a server because there is no admin present unless there was a problem with rule breakers which I doubt is the case here. On the other hand I have heard of people leaving because of the game being boring which is probably the case here. (Dies quickly as a Guard -> disadvantaged -> boring game)

Trying something > trying nothing (It's actually deeply rooted in our society, people are less likely to make a change to improve things then just complain and do nothing).

Overall I might come off as a selfish dreamer or even crazy but there is a reason why I have run a few successful gaming communities:D

Best Regards,

Yuri

• Zitat

Do you? Why don't give some constructive feedback on my idea then?:xD

Because I got way too much experience with topics like this one on these 3xp forums:
    spending a shitton of energy and time trying to work out the most sensible and logical way to fix a certain problem people are complaining about, just to try be a helpful person, but when that thinkingwork is finaly done and it's time to start working on actions to solve the problem:
    complete silence OR the person/people who spent most time and energy to come up with actual solutions get flamed, being it in the same topic or in another in some sort of way.
    Then the topic dies because nobody replies thus in the end everyone who spent time caring about the topic have wasted their time.

instead:

To make a topic like this succesful I would start 'measuring' how many people actually care, make up a poll like this (in a new fresh topic maybe):

Please tick the statements which apply to you:
    1. I care about making KTK active again.
    2. I don't care about making KTK active again.
    3. I am not motivated enough yet to help KTK become active again, for me it depends on the futured hype around it.
    4. I am not motivated enough to help KTK become active again.
    5. I am motivated enough to make KTK active again but I don't know how I can help.
    6. I am motivated enough to make KTK active again and I might know how I could help.

You could also approach people personally (on Steam for example) by proposing this poll to them via chat or so and keep up the voteresults among the results of the public poll.
    Make sure, if you would do that, to ask those people first whether they've already filled in the public poll, because you obviously don't want double voteresults.

Once quite some people filled in the poll you can conclude for youself whether it's worth continue spending any energy and time into this.
    Good Luck.

FrisbeeSky

• ...spending a shitton of energy and time trying to work out the most sensible and logical way to fix a certain problem people are complaining about, just to try be a helpful person, but when that thinkingwork is finaly done and it's time to start working on actions to solve the problem:
    complete silence OR the person/people who spent most time and energy to come up with actual solutions get flamed, being it in the same topic or in another in some sort of way.

I see, now I completely feel ya too;x

For the reasons you are probably well aware of, there is no point in trying to find out what people think about this and if they care at all. You can let people have opinions on the subject but It's rather a matter of getting the right person (someone in charge) to do the right thing (make the right decision), especially when the people I am advocating for are not going to get out of their way just to try to be able to play the game in a decent manner, of course some are gonna argue that it's unfair to them etc etc, but in the end it's up to the party in charge to decide what is best for the server.

It's nonsense to just leave the server to die off, so I am taking the matter into my own hands, I know who to approach about that:D

Lmao it's gonna be 2, fuck ktk.

Yey, we got a special snowflake here, much wow :) Here have some candy :D CANDY FOR YOU

Best Regards,

Yuri

• Zitat

For the reasons you are probably well aware of, there is no point in trying to find out what people think about this and if they care at all.

What's the purpose of making such a discussiontopic if you don't even know whether there are even people who care enough to work on the problem which is getting discussed lol?

Zitat

of course some are gonna argue that it's unfair to them etc etc, but in the end it's up to the party in charge to decide what is best for the server.

And you people who are gonna argue will (still) come to the server? I feel like it would even kill the server more if 'the party in charge' is gonna make descisions which the players don't like :3

• What's the purpose of making such a discussiontopic if you don't even know whether there are even people who care enough to work on the problem which is getting discussed lol?

Lol, what ? ;xD The point of this topic was to find out exactly that very thing, and see what others think about it. (Don't confuse "care enough" with "capable of" though)

And you people who are gonna argue will (still) come to the server? I feel like it would even kill the server more if 'the party in charge' is gonna make descisions which the players don't like :3

Of course if it were met with heavy opposition it would be bad for the server but as of now, there is just 1 person who completely disagrees and he's not even capable of forming a constructive comment and doesn't even like KTK at all xDDD, another person that considered the idea and proposed a likely solution, another one that just thinks it has no impact at all which is completely fine as an opinion but it's not really reflective of the current situation, and the last person that I honestly have no idea what is trying to achieve ;xD

And on top of that there are the actual players that don't even visit this board and it's actually the group that's impacted the most by this suggestion, I have already asked players on the server about it and had many responses that agreed with what I am trying to achieve.

So to conclude, there has to be someone responsible enough to make an educated decision who is also capable to take into consideration the whole picture.

Best Regards,

Yuri

• And on top of that there are the actual players that don't even visit this board and it's actually the group that's impacted the most by this suggestion, I have already asked players on the server about it and had many responses that agreed with what I am trying to achieve.

Well, bring these people to this board/topic, create a structural discussion and show the leaders of 3xp that it's worth caring about and working on the KTK-community.
    Once you're able to succeed that I think that only then you will gain interest from the leaders go around the table with them and start making, planning and doing the descisions needed.
    Good luck realising that.

FrisbeeSky

• It's a matter of adding a few lines of code, about 5-10 minutes of work and will enable the people that still play it enjoy the mod. It was never really meant to fully revive the server as some of you might have come to think only because of the title :XD

It was very much alive and popular about 2 years ago, I haven't actually realized that it's been so long lol, until I read your post and decided to check when I registered, I thought it was like half a year ago at most :xD