3xP' Editing Contest Results & Ranking

• Jo guys,

the editing contest has come to an end, and here i will tell you about the final ranking, and how it came about.

THE FINAL RANKING

1st. (15€) KaRzye
    2nd. (5€) Funk
    3rd. Frisbeesky
    4th. Rald
    5th. Xploz
    6th. Hawk
    7th. Chappie
    8th. CocoCod4

Combined out of Community ranking and organizator ranking

(Click for Full View)

The Community Ranking:

1. Funk
    2. KaRzye
    3. Ralkd
    4. Fris
    5. Hawk
    6. Xploz
    7. Chappie
    8. Cococod4

Explenation: for each individual who voted, the first guy got 8 points the second 7 the third 6 and so on. if someone f.e. just ranked the first 3 guys the all the other guys get 5 points each.
    Take a look at the picture for detailed information.

(Click for Full View)

The Organizers Ranking (Drizz&Viruz)

1. KaRzye
    2. Frisbeesky
    3. Funk
    4. Xploz
    5. Rald
    6. Hawk
    7. Chappie
    8. Cococod4

Explenation: We evaluated 5 diffrent categorys,
    Quality (FPS lags, Resolution, Fps, quality),
    Flow (Sync with music, Interruptions of Flow),
    Creativity (Koncept, Ideas, implementation),
    Individuality (how much usage of overused of Fx, Concept, music, style)
    Effort (Recorded own Cinematics/Clips, Effort of Editing (Tracking, multiple Layer recording, no overlays)

(Click for Full View)

Funk and KaRzye stay in contact with 3xP' Drizzjeh due to Price Money

Have a nice day,
    Viruz

• Congratulations to everyone who is happy to be in the place they ended! :thumbsup:

I think this editingcontest was a great succes mainly because of the amount of participants and the way it got organised. So big shout-out to Drizzjeh and Viruz for organising! :thumbup:

For next time I would like to see the deadline 30 days after the thread gets made, this gives people around 20-25 days to actually work on the video since it probably takes around 5-10 days to notice the editingcontest plus thinking of how they could make the video, but this period of time is only regarded to circumstances such as this contest such as the fact that you had to use 5 demos, I mean, if the next contest includes more or less content then the amount of time for the preperation would be different too.
    Also for the next contest it might be a nice idea to see more variation in the way of how the contest looks like; instead of 5 demos you had to use, add a nice amount of demos and let the editers choose some themselves or include a song or theme or something.. those are just some examples.. just throwing out ideas.

FrisbeeSky

• Big <3 to all who voted for me, I'm glad you enjoyed the edit.

I'd just like to congratulate KaRzye for winning the contest. Your edit was amazing and I wish I was as good as you! All the other edits were good and enjoyable as well!
    Also I thought that this competition was a great success and should therefore be held again maybe after a few months. I would definitely give it another go! This wouldn't have worked without Drizz & Viruz so a big Thank You to them! You guys did a stellar job at organizing the contest.

About future contests Noob had this really good idea of a mapping contest where each participant would create a map that consists of 10 bounces. The small map entries would then be rated again similarly like the edit contest was. Maybe after the contest all the entries could be somehow combined into a one huge one way map. We could name it like mp_community or something and I think it would work out pretty well. Lemme know what you guys think!

- Funk

• im so sorry KaRzye xD, i just copied the name after i wrote it wrong once.

Yea it was a really enjoyable edit, very unique especially cause it was clearly visible that u dont rly know cj, and because of this rly thought your own way of doing it. Great typographic editing in the beginning, some nice effects also. The bad things from my point of view was just the way 2 high velocity on jumps, as u couldnt see the important things in the jump :P (i guess it wasnt possible to know what it depends on in CJ, if u dont rly play it) And in somecases a bit the spamming of fx :P (lightning and helicopter stuff on dgl :D). But all in all it had a great flow, and the part where the beat drops was also edited very nicely, with alot more action then usual in cj edits :P.

Greetings,
    VIruz