KTK server - Map changing and Votes

• Hey guys!

This thread is directed to trusted players and members.

If I enabled voting for trusted players, it's mostly for 2 reasons:

1) When there aren't many players on the server, at night for instance, you can put a map that pleases everyone.

2) You can put maps that aren't played so often, or maps that aren't in the rotation but are in the map list, to change a bit from the usual rotation.

What I don't want, is that you use this feature to put maps that are already played a lot, like lolzor, uprise, poolday, slide, nuketown... You can do that when there are only a few players on the server to get a population boost, but if there are already many people on the server, don't call votes for such popular maps. It will just kill the maps diversity, which we already lack IMO.

Also a note to members: Even though you can do !map directly, I'd prefer that in most cases you use !vote map, because it's better to put a map that most players want to play.
    Except if it's to test a new map, then it's maybe even better to use !map directly.

One last thing, I think it's better to be towards the end of a map to call a vote (around 8th, 9th or 10th round), or at least to wait for a round to end (it sucks when you're King and map changes :P )

Happy voting everyone! :P

EDIT: See my other post below for a complete list of concerned maps and exact rules.

__________________________________________S_____I_____G_____N_____A_____T_____U_____R_____E__________________________________________

Any problem with a 3xP' server (server down, download loop,...)? - Feel free to mention it in the shoutbox so an admin can take care of it.
    ______________________________________________________________________________

3xP' TS3 IP: ts.3xP-Clan.com | Click here to directly join it.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von UFaced ()

• Hey guys.

I noticed that even though I wrote this thread, some of you (trusted players) still call votes for maps like lolzor.

I know so many people are asking all the damn time to vote for certain maps, especially lolzor. I don't play that much but the last days, every time I went on the server, there were always some noobs/newbies asking repeatedly for maps like lolzor. I assume that now that there are often trusted players who are able to vote on the server, people got used to it and keep asking for votes.

Well, I'll ask you NOT to answer to these childish requests.
    You can even kick a player with the reason "annoy" if he keeps asking all the time.
    Maybe I'll add a banner (regular server message) saying that players mustn't ask for votes/maps.

To clear things up, here is the list (subject to change) of the maps you are not allowed to call votes for (except under certain circumstances, which I will state below):

- lolzor
    - poolday
    - slide
    - lolzor2
    - nuketown
    - uprise
    - modern rust
    - maze1
    - crash

Exceptions list:
    You can call a vote for one of these maps in these cases:
    - Right after a server crash, for a population boost.
    - If there is 8 or less people on the server.
    - From Monday to Friday if the time is between 00:00 and 2 pm, and the server population is under 12 people.
    - On Saturday and Sunday if the time is between 2 am and 11 am, and the server population is under 12 people.

It feels kinda dumb to write these very specific rules, but apparently I'm obliged to if I want some map diversity to remain on the server.

If I still see trusted players or members calling votes while they shouldn't, I will simply remove these maps from the MAM maps list, and no one will ever be able to call a vote for any of these maps, under any circumstances. That'd be a bit sad.
    Or I could also remove the voting perms from trusted players.

If you don't understand why I am "forbidding" these maps, juts read the first post.

__________________________________________S_____I_____G_____N_____A_____T_____U_____R_____E__________________________________________

Any problem with a 3xP' server (server down, download loop,...)? - Feel free to mention it in the shoutbox so an admin can take care of it.
    ______________________________________________________________________________

3xP' TS3 IP: ts.3xP-Clan.com | Click here to directly join it.

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von UFaced ()