Kill the King maps

• Hi everyone,

I thought there was already a thread about that, but either I dreamed or the thread was deleted (maybe because of the "attack"). Anyway, maps played on the Kill the King server are often the same and this has been like that for quite a long time now.

First, here are the maps I think would be nice to add :
    - mp_lpost : mp_lpost
    - mp_firingrange_v2 : COD4BANANA: mp_firingrange_v2 (Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare > Maps > Other/Misc)
    - mp_beta : COD4BANANA: mp_beta (Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare > Maps > Other/Misc)
    - mp_4t4scrap : Team [4T4] : Sur tous les fronts...
    - lolzor2 : KiLL3R.co.uk - Downloads - lolzor2.zip

There are also other maps that would be great, but they are big/huge so please make them show up on the vote only when there are 20+ people on the server:
    - mp_southpark : Index of /cod4/usermaps/mp_southpark (not sure if that's the right one there is no picture)
    - mp_aosta_valley : COD4BANANA: mp_aosta_valley (Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare > Maps > Other/Misc)
    - mp_burgundy_bulls : COD4BANANA: mp_burgundy_bulls (Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare > Maps > Other/Misc)
    - mp_luna : COD4BANANA: mp_luna (Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare > Maps > Other/Misc)
    - mp_ctan : COD4BANANA: carentan (updated) (Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare > Maps > Other/Misc)

Note: On Aosta valley and burgundy bulls if I remember well Heli was not working, so please disable it if possible if that's the case.
    Also I played most of those maps on 2.08 so check if they are working on 2.09 before putting them on the list :biggrin_1:
    Note2: Put a lower percentage of appearance on the vote list for the maps in a darker green, they are a bit less good than the others for the mod.
    Note3: Would also be nice if you could make mp_legotown only appear on the vote when 20+ people are online, it's a huge map (already on the server's maps list).

Also it would be nice to add mp_shipment to the maps list, but not in the rotation. Because the map is not good enough for the mod, but members could vote for it every now and then and it would be fun to play on it, especially when there are only a few people left on the server and it's a pain to play on big maps.
    Same for maze1.

Also if mp_compact is not in the vote please add it it's a nice map (already on the maps list).

Feel free to point out other great maps for the mod, I'll edit my post. Give the link if possible.

Second, there are some maps that suck for ktk. It would be nice to remove them from the voting system, because they take room and sometimes there is only 1 or 2 good maps that we can vote for and the rest is garbage. That really reduce the number of possibilities of the vote.
    These maps are, IMO:
    - mp_naout_n
    - mp_waldcamp
    - mp_fabrika
    - mp_highrise (some people like it, but it's total crap for ktk... so if no one disagrees here please remove it too)

Maybe naout was already removed, I'm not sure. Edit: Wasn't removed + doesn't work with latest version of the mod.

Last thing, I see there are maps in the maps list that aren't on the votes, well keep it this way, I think they would be crap for the mod (mp_creek, mp_backlot_2 (makes server crash), mp_broadcast (also makes the server crash)). I'm not sure about mp_bacalao, I don't remember this map.

Thanks!

__________________________________________S_____I_____G_____N_____A_____T_____U_____R_____E__________________________________________

Any problem with a 3xP' server (server down, download loop,...)? - Feel free to mention it in the shoutbox so an admin can take care of it.
    ______________________________________________________________________________

3xP' TS3 IP: ts.3xP-Clan.com | Click here to directly join it.

13 Mal editiert, zuletzt von UFaced ()

• yep, the maps thread vanished due to the attack, I wanted to post some things, too but I waited for the new thread mirko mentioned in your bug thread

I think firingrange is not thaaaat good for KtK :/
    beta is cool, asked beta a while ago to add it and was very hapy to see it :thumbsup_1:
    firingrange and beta where on the server =(

I like waldcamp but you're right, with all those tunnels it's even bigger than legotown and most of the time way too big for the amount of players =(

naout is not that cool and crashes the server for some reason, don't know if it is already removed O.o
    bacalao is not in the map vote system. rub and I tested it a while ago.

compact is a pretty cool map, too. snow everywhere, there is the one main house where the kings camp in 90% with a little doggy house in front, some flattened cars in the middle and a big wharehouse on the other side....maybe that helped you xD
    it was in the vote and should still be in there O_o

and since you didn't write it I guess broadcast is after the attack not back in the maplist? because broudcast crashes the server, too xD

last thing: I would add shipment to the map vote because it's way better than poolday :thumbsup_1:

• Yeah firingrange is not that good for the mod, but I played it on another ktk server and I had fun, I guess if it's too bad we could remove it later^^

Yeah waldcamp is not bad, but way too big, especially when you consider that it's not a popular map and a lot of people leave when it comes to this map :/

Aaaaaaaaah yes Compact is good :D Thanks for the description xD I add it to the list of maps to add in the vote (if it's not added yet).

And broadcast still is in the map list I think but I never played ktk on it^^

And no shipment in NOT better than poolday :biggrin_1:

__________________________________________S_____I_____G_____N_____A_____T_____U_____R_____E__________________________________________

Any problem with a 3xP' server (server down, download loop,...)? - Feel free to mention it in the shoutbox so an admin can take care of it.

• since it is only MY opinion it IS way better :tongue_1:
    I played firingrange a few times and like 3 times on 3xP KtK and it wasn't that good =(

and like I said you can't play broadcast because it crashes the server xD
    it got removed from the map list a short time before the attack =(

• I'm currently working on a KTK map with #removed (pssst its a mall with elevators,sliding doors and more :D)

so hopfully it will be fun and will be accepted into the rotation also I don't know if I will disable Chopper AC130 or dog due to its mostly inside and I hate dog xD but there will be an outside so idk I see when I get there (also thick walls = less wallbang)

• I'm currently working on a KTK map with #removed (pssst its a mall with elevators,sliding doors and more :D)

so hopfully it will be fun and will be accepted into the rotation also I don't know if I will disable Chopper AC130 or dog due to its mostly inside and I hate dog xD but there will be an outside so idk I see when I get there (also thick walls = less wallbang)

Awesome :thumbsup_1:

You should see for mp_southpark too, i remember of this as a really good map!
    And maybe mp_aostavalley ! (some guys didnt like this one, but i loved it :thumbsup_1: )

• Oh yeah thanks Sunriize aosta valley is the one map name I couldn't remember for months xD
    I find it fun to play as assassin but boring as guard... Will add it anyway along with southpark we really need new maps :D

#Edited first post

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von UFaced ()

• Oh yeah so long time I haven't played that one!
    Dude you are full of ressources :biggrin_1:

Edit: Do you know the exact name? I'm not sure to find the right one... apparently there is a lolzor2 and a lolzorv2...
    Edit2: Nvm I only have lolzor2 in my maps folder so it gotta be that one :P

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von UFaced ()

• And i found 2 last ones : mp_caen and mp_crossfire_hl

I don't remember these 2 good enough... But I remember they are big and I think we have enough big maps for now I don't want only huge maps on the server :P
    We already have a lot of new maps to add IMO, maybe we'll add those ones in some months if we need some fresh air again :)

• Well mp_naout_n is still on the vote and it actually gives an error each round and disconnects everyone. Server got emptied 1 hour ago because of that.

:attention_1: Please please please do all the changes I asked in the first post as soon as you have some time :attention_1:

It would finally bring some new stuff on the server which really needs some fresh air since a long time. And it will also avoid those errors because of a wrong map still on the vote.

• Thanks #removed! :thumbsup_1: