Beiträge von Jack

Thanks both for your comments, they're real helpul

@MYST.

- best FPS for edits is 300 or higher (I recommend 500)

I assume you mean this is the command cl_avidemo?

I will make sure to try all of the suggestions above tomorrow after work. If all goes well I will start with different cfg's - not that i have any idea how to use them on separate profiles..

Thanks again guys for your suggestions and support. Need anything in return, just ask and i will see what i can do xD

I /record my clip as normal, then open with Cod4 Player

When the clip opens in cod4 player, i make sure i have my fps set to /com_maxfps 120
    Then i record /cl_avidemo 120 (i think thats the command)
    It takes forever to record it. And i mean forever!
    Open in Vdub and set the framerate to 120
    Compress (i dont have the Lagarith Lossless Codec, i might have to update my Vdub?)

Please do tell me if im doing it wrong. I am such a noob at this, haha xD

I haven't changed the timescale, no. Do you write to an SSD, or HDD?

Vegas just doesn't play the file very well. I have not downloaded any new compression options, could that be it?

So, thanks for the comments so far guys!

I just tried recording with avidemo. Here is what i have found

I tried to record at 120fps (cl_avidemo 120 i think). First, it took like 30 minutes to record around 5 seconds. Surely that isn't normal?

Second, when it finally recorded it all, i opened it in Virtual Dub. All seemed good. Set the frames to 120fps. Compressed the video. When i put the compressed file in Vegas it was super jumpy. Could that be the compression setting i used?

If you want to know what hardware i have got - AMD 8320 8 core 3.8 ghz, XFX 7950 3GB, 16GB RAM being the bulk of it. If this is the issue, please tell me. I have better hardware ready to install!

Thanks again for all the support guys, much appreciated! <3

Hey Myst, thanks for helping!

So, when recording using Cod4 Player with fraps, I record at a solid 120fps (fraps). It never drops below this. The video clip before editing and rendering is clear, it just goes bad after edit and render

Thanks for the replies guys. So, my pc is a monster. There's no issue there I wouldn't think. I use fraps to record at 120fps. At no point do the frames drop while recording either..

Drizz, I will add you later, I'm at work right now!

Hey everyone!

So I'm trying to find some good render settings for Vegas 11 for 1080p videos. I have tried a few, but the rendered video is really laggy. The preview on Vegas looks fine, and while actually recording I am still at around 120fps. Anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks everyone :)

Jack

Hey Muffin

I know you want to be in the team - thats great! You only need to tag Viruz once. He will see that you have tagged him. I am sure he will get back to you as soon as he is free!

In the meantime, just relax. He will get back to you with his decision soon

- Jack