Beiträge von Amnesia

There will be a dynamic rotation (for ex: small maps for <5 players, normal ones for <10 players, big ones for <15 players).
    I already tested alot of maps, many good ones, there will be a nice map rotation.

Btw, I didn't have time the last few days (PC got upgraded :P ), I hope I can improve the mod in the next time.

@mirko911: No but I could recompile with the gsc files in the 1.2 iwd file. Rebuilt the soundaliases, changed names because of the missing str file, but the .menu is missing. I might look into menu editing this weekend if I have time/motivation. :D

Upcoming changes:

• Order: Assaultrifles -> SMGs -> Snipers -> Pistols -> Crossbow -> Ballistic Knife.
    • Pistol damage: Currently it's 60/35 (max/min), might change it to 50/50, will test
    • Menu: Play-Quit. optional: FOV
    • Killstreaks/Deathstreaks: Sleight of Hand, Steady Aim,.. maybe Stopping Power for deathstreaks
    • Sounds: replace more sounds... someone suggested background music. I'm not a fan of ingame music because everyone has a different taste and you can easily listen to your own music. But I might consider adding a bg music if someone suggests a song that fits, would make it a toggle.
    • might change: decrease runspeed a bit (but I like it atm :/ , others too) - custom health for levels
    • not changing: falldamage (basic element of my idea of the mod, I don't want to set limits to the players' movements - jumpheight (it's only 40 instead of default 39 :D )

Please keep in mind that I'm a noob at this, so it could take a while before changes happen (also because of time), I want to try it myself before asking someone (Wingzor etc :whistling: ).

Just checked the iwd of a map which looped yesterday, it only has 3 iwis in images :/

About the killcam, I tried it, but it showed nothing. Maybe because the gungame is scripted to end like 5 seconds after the last kill, then to wait 10 seconds to load the new map.

@mirko911: Either hard knife -> rankdown enabled, or normal knife (which is easier because of the faster movescale) -> no rankdown.
    Maybe test and then tell me what you like better. I like option 2 alot better because it's easy/funny to knife, but not so frustrating for the knifed one. :D

About the weapons, I tried to make them equally strong (except the crossbow and the ballistic knife, which are the last 2 weapons).
    Might change the order or make the pistols even stronger (atm they are at 60/35 damage).

@IHDI: I played until 1:00 yesterday/today, I checked now, it's online (has a DL loop though), but it still pings on xfire.

/restarted
    Anyways, how can I fix the downloadlooping? Put all the iwds in the mod folder?

Need to fix a weapon bug atm :/ // fixed, ty wingzor

Anyways, little updates:

• replaced 2 weapons
    • rebuilt the soundaliases, changed the levelup sound
    • converted all 48khz audios so no one gets the unknown wave error
    • colour changes, added glow effect to the health info

Do you want to excel the game to continue whenever one reached the 2kills on the final weapon(score based ending) ?
    Do you want to stop the game whenever one hits a certain killcount ?
    A timer based system ?

Game stops when someone got 2 kills with the ballistic knife on level 25. Since I removed leveldowns that would be 50 kills.

-movement
    Do you want to remove the slowdown ? to get more promod like movements ?

Yea I disabled jumpslowdown, also removed falldamage, so you can jump alot.

-FOV
    FOV will be a user customizable feature or will it be preset to a certain value ?
    could imagine people would like to be able to define/use their own fov settings

Atm the player has fov 80 with fovscale 1.2 when he joins. I'll try to add a customization.

a main compeeting idea of the gungame is that the knife can lower the opponent gun level and get u a highyer level before getting 2 kills , i think the knife should be like that cause it will make more adrenaline in the game trying to always knife than shooting only . what do you think ?

Hmm, thanks for your opinion but I'll probably wont change that, because I wanted to remove the frustration factor.

TESTSERVER: 92.222.33.143:28890

Hello,

Currently I'm modifying Lepko's gungame mod so we can have a 3xP' cod4 gungame server.

Information:

• No killstreaks/specials, just running & gunning
    • There are 25 weapons and therefore 25 levels
    • Knifing doesn't steal other people's levels, you need to make 2 weaponkills to rankup
    • Weapons are most likely to kill with 2-3 hits, it makes the mod faster

Changelog:

• added 23 custom weapons
    • increased speed and jumpheight a bit
    • removed falldamage
    • increased FOV
    • changed weapondamages (each weapongroups are equally strong, snipers are 1hitters)

I'm also planning on setting up a maprotation with custom maps, there are many very good ones.

Please post your ideas and opinions, or a map if you want it to be added.

Adding new weapons / changing the knife stuff would be very easy if you have the source.

But I couldn't find it, maybe @Wingzor could rescript it, I guess it would take like half an hour or even less for an advanced modder to script a basic gungame, aslong as he has the motivation to. :D

Gungame would be better imo if you want a new 3xP' server.
    It's a fast & quick mod to play in between, without camping.
    Would be even better if we get the source (idk if it's available, cant look atm), to make something exclusive.

My ideas for the nazi map:
    I'd make the whole map the process people (in these case jumpers) have to through in concentration camps. The activator takes part as the nazi, trying to kill as many people as possible.
    So the first part would be that all jumpers are delivered to the camp with a train. After that follows the seperation (two paths which lead both to showers, one are normal, the other ones are gas).
    Then they have to work in mines (you have to think of something which makes them dangerous and deadly). ...

Trap ideas:

• gas rooms or anything else with gas
    • combustion furnaces
    • an area where dog bots spawn and attack people
    • a tower which is used as a look-out for the acti, getting a sniperrifle to shoot jumpers (limited ammo, long distance etc. to not make it OP)
    • an area with contact mines
    • an area with barbed/electric wire which is not that easy to pass

Other ideas:

• custom character models: the acti as nazi, the jumpers as haggard people (even though they spawn before the main happening)
    • custom weapon models: a sniperrifle for the look-out (you could also use the Kar98k if you dont want to make a new one), maybe a flamethrower for a special room?
    • no 1v1 rooms, wouldnt fit the theme (you probably do this anyways)
    • a disturbing background music, and for the endrooms music like in the last cod waw mission

I hope you can use some of my ideas.

I'd love to add a custom rank system with cool logos, i got the same idea a half year ago, but the main problem is that we have just our 2 modders (3xP' Duffman & 3xP' Beta) but they are very inactive
    and less motivated to edit the server mods :(. But ill try my best to add custom ranks in the future and to find a modder who is able to do this and who got the motivation to do this.

If someone sends me the source I'll do it.
    I can add ranks on the deathrun mod, shouldn't be too different for CJ.