Technical question (W10 + CoD4)

• Olah!

I've just recently got a new computer and I can run pretty much any game at the highest settings with outstanding fps. I've installed CoD4 as well and for some weird reason, my CoD4 FPS is just not stable. Under not stable, I mean that the fps meter is "flickering" between 330-333. If I set it to 500, it's flickering around 500 in a very "stable" manner. I've had cases like this in the past and the I've come to understand there is a tiny difference in performance if your FPS is rock-steady stable compared to this flickering type of "stable". I have newest drivers installed and zero bloatware on my computer. I've experimented changing quality settings in NVIDIA driver, also in CoD4, trying different CFGs and result's always the same, flickering fps. I've also set iw3mp.exe to high priority in task manager, didn't work.

My previous computer was not only rather shitty, it was literally broken, motherboard and CPU were both malfunctioning, yet..... I could still have stable 1000 fps. I wasn't able to run some of new games at low settings even, with this old computer and I can run these games at Ultra settings with my new computer at 100+ fps. I used to have windows 7 all along as I'm a very big fan of this OS, while I absolutely despise windows 8/8.1/10. I was forced to switch to windows 10, because some of the new parts in my new comp is not supported by W7. I believe the cause of the flickering is windows 10 and there may be potentially some kind of workaround I'm not seeing.

So my question is: Has anyone experienced this? Does anyone know anything you need to do in windows 10 for it to be working well with CoD4?

Cheers for any input

• I have a similar thing, on Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 it is fine however ever since I have used Windows 10 it causes this problem and also doesn't allow me to reach 1000 FPS.

There is a somewhat fix and that is to install Cod4x, this released the FPS cap for me so I can now reach 1000 without any problems, before it fluctuated like crazy and didn't reach nowhere near 1000 FPS.

Hopefully this fixes all for you too, it solved my issues on cod4 related to FPS.

Download : - cod4x_client.zip

Instructions : - Extract & Copy/Paste cod4x18_v17_5_client's folder into the cod4 directory, open and double click on install.cmd then run iw3mp.exe.

• disabling game dvr will probably fix it

• disabling game dvr will probably fix it

Xbox Game DVR in Windows 10? If so I have that disabled, always have and that didn't solve anything for me.

Settings > Gaming > Game Bar - OFF

Settings > Gaming > Game DVR - OFF

I have also tried disabling Game Mode also, no luck in doing so either.

Settings > Gaming > Game Mode - OFF