Where are those extra map-iwds for in cj-mods?

• Hello,

I got another question regarding something about where something is useful for:
    I notice that in some several codjumper mods I have extra iwd-files which seem to be for certain maps, but not all maps.
    Here is an example of one of the mods:

It's something which often occurs by mods which I used when I was playing on cod4 1.6 so I don't know if that could explain somethings.
    Also I have played plenty of maps with that mod back then and I notice there is not a iwd for every map.
    When I open any iwd file there is an 'image' folder and when I open that folder I get to see some .iwi files which seem to belong to the map, here is an example when I open the iwd of mp_mystic_v2 in the mod:

I haven't tested yet whether I could still play a map or run a demo of a map which has a iwd in the mod while using the mod but maybe someone could give some more information/explanation about why there are special iwd-maps in some cj-mods.

inb4 thanks,

FrisbeeSky

• As far as i remember there were some maps which caused download loops. To prevent that i always put the iwd into the mod folder. Mybe u did that too. Thats all i know about it.

Well, I never knew it would prevent downloadloops so at least I didn't put it in there.
    Is there a possibility that the person who put the mod in the server put those iwds there so whenever I join the server and the server compares what files are in the mod I have and it sees that I don't have (certain) iwds that it forces me to donwload them? (sort of like a dropbox effect but then when you connect to the server)

• idk maybe it has something to do with the downloadloop bug which some mods have/had from time to time, in this way it could be fixed serversided. so ppl didnt need to manually put the iwds into the modfolder

on our old mod we also did put some iwis out of some maps into our mod iwd.