3xP' Deathrun [refurbished]

• Hey guys,

two days ago I asked you if you would play DR again if we refurbish the mod. Because of the good feedback, I want to inform you about some things.

At first, I want to talk about my motivation: the whole 3xP' Clan consumes much time. The main reason for investing time is to have fun with my mates on TeamSpeak or in real life. But I also love to see full servers, heavy board activity and people who enjoy to play on our Servers.
    The last point is one of the most important reasons why I wrote the clanpage, the stats page, the adminmod and in the last time some cj scripts.
    With the cj scripts I got some decent knowledge of the cod4 script language and now I want to do s.th new :D.

So why I want to refurbish the deathrun: Back in the times the DR Server was full with over 40 players the whole day. The board was under heavy activity and we also got many new members from the DR Server. In the last months we noticed that the dr went empty and because of my non existing knowledge of a) deathrun and b) scripting I couldn't do much against it.

In the beginning of this year amnesia sent me his sources of his deathrun mod. I would improve this files, update some menus (they look really good) and add our features from the old DR to his mod. With this changes we've a good starting point for a restart.

But a new mod isn't all. We need the community behind it. And that's YOUR part:

• YOU should tell me a list of maps you want (I also would like to add a like/dislike system for mapend vote)
    • YOU should tell me everything you want to say about the old mod (things we can improve; things you don't like)
    • YOU should tell me some good songs because I don't hear that style of music ;D

and the most important thing when the upper 3 points are done: You should tell your friends about the refurbished server. (I'm thinking about a invite code/benefit system)
    At the moment most of this is theory and as I mentioned before, I need enough people who would like to have this new mod

So if you like the idea, give this post an upvote if not give a downvote. Feel free to post ideas, improvements, criticism and all other things you want to say about the 3xP' Deathrun. With some luck, we may get a new 3xP' Deathrun Community Edition, with all the features you want! :D

• Very nice :) it will be good to see dr back again.Things that i personally think would be nice to add :).Some new lvls and good maps like lithium, gold, darmuhv2 ,dragonball.And maybe new things to buy at the shop :).And i think that it would be better if the rounds were 12 or 13 because 15 is 2 much

• Zitat

Some new lvls [...] And maybe new things to buy at the shop

^Yea, these features Amnesia's DR Mod is providing on stock (and even more).

If we're talking about map suggestions ... Actually, there's some threads about this on 3xP Forums. I think we can use lists included in these topics:

1) New Maps For Deathrun Rotation
    2) More maps on 3xP' Deathrun
    3) Map rotation + end round songs + old maps

And .... I think we can do same with songs .... I mean we can use this topic ---> Music <---- And choose sth from this list.

Obviously, it's not meaning, that i'm closing my eyes on other propositions. I just want to say, that we can use sth, which was prepared back in time.

• Please don't add mp_dr_skydeath :c
    People will use 1 fps to glitch through the deathbarrier and 'finish' the secret.
    Also the endrooms are kind of broken, since in the run room (however it's called) the activator always dies, even if the activator reaches the end first.
    Also the sniper room has the known 'Default Weapon' which just shows your hands in a weird way.

(Also I don't like the secret cause of weird angles hehe)

Oh and the rest of the maps listed by siwy, are really good maps to start with.

[2017-07-25 17:17:37] Funk Attack: bunny called u weak for only giving 30min ban
    [2017-07-25 17:17:46] 3xP' AlterEgo: can you ss it

• We developed some very accurate fps tracking scripts for the cj serv. So maybe we can get rid of the lagjump stuff :D

Oh yeh, I forgot about that, but then we still have the problem with the rooms being buggy, maybe someone can make a new script if it does not take too much time.
    And what if con_maxfps is being used.

[2017-07-25 17:17:37] Funk Attack: bunny called u weak for only giving 30min ban

• And what if con_maxfps is being used.

The detection was specifically made because of xyz_maxfps.
    And as far as i can remember it accurately detected any FPS,
    which was "hidden" by xyz_maxfps.

• Not to discourage you or anything but it will be difficult to make the server popular again, a new mod would be nice but not enough to get people to regularly play again.

That being said I do have an idea for something that might get people interested. At the moment speedrunning maps is very popular. To cater to this you could add features to the mod such as:

-Leaderboard showing the top 5 fastest times for each map
    -Special item for players that have the fastest time on a map
    -Possibly checkpoints around maps and a leaderboard showing who is in the lead (obv this would take a lot of time but would be a cool idea, I think jumper heaven has something similar)

There is probably some more features that I cant think of right now.

Also I would be interested in helping with this update, Id like to see 3xP' dr become popular again.

• I think this will be like the speedrun script viruz made for CJ but then slightly modified and start and finish will be automatically set by the maps then or something.
    And that you don't have to type !sr p in chat but you use a certain key or something like that so people can try to beat times.

It would be something like a lot of deathrun servers have called Ghost Mode. But of course better :P.
    And with the script you made for Noob's his map it will already be nice, because the so called "scoreboard" of the original deathrun is kind of bad since it only shows at the end of map and it always seems to reset.

• Hello its really good cuz all the time i join DR server im alone waiting for someone to play about the maps i really prefer old maps bcs new sucks smthng like mp_dr_laboratory

spaceball spaceball_v2 semtex meatboy fallrun skyline empire etc ... other thing it would be great to have 96 fov as the cj server also if u can fix some bugs about ranks cuz sometimesu open devmap on 3xp dr mod when u come back join again server u lost ur rank idk if u have this bug on 3xp mod if yes it would be great to fix it and enable admins

to respawn every round if time of round is under 40 sec thats my opinion and gl .

• Imo, there should be possible for 'noobs' to respawn more times, maybe up to level 10 or something? Level 5 or below could respawn 10times and lvl 5-10 like 3times or something?
    Kinda like the save/load system in CJ.
    I guess it's not fun for any noob to die on 1st/2nd jump in dr to then spec the rest of jumpers for 5minutes..

Maybe that's one of the reasons why many players leave, that they're bored of just watching other people playing? Just something that I've thinked about.. The players who plays DR might have a better view in this :)

• therefore we could implement a "GHOST until round end" - Mode.

If you fail, you will respawn as a kind of ghost with save/load features, but it woudln't affect the active runners.

This could be cool for beginners, because they can try some jumps and use the time to explore the map and normal people could play.

It's like the knife area in hc mode. They can respawn, kill people and won't affect normal people

EDIT: same mode could be used for speedruns. Also idk if we want to limit such a feature. For example: what would happen if most players use the "GHOST mode". It wouldn't make fun for the normal players.

• ye but what if someone is doing it on purpose.I mean there might be someone good who is lvl 30 and he just makes a new file so he is back at lvl 1 and just spawns more times

^^ It would be very easy to abuse letting low levels have more spawns.

A better way to help new players could be to have a ghost run system, basically when you die you can run through the map but you arnt able to reach the activator and your deaths dont count up