custom textures

• it's creating one, i don't have a texture assets folder also it's a .dds file and maps have .iwi in them

You don't need to have a 'Texture assests' folder to use custom textures,
    If you're trying to import other people's textures from their .iwd... that won't work you need the original image not an iwi/iwd file type.

Follow deleted User's link to learn how to import custom textures here: Link

Jayme <3

• I would appreciate a bit more effort from your side.
    It doesnt seem like you're trying to learn how it works to me,
    and you just watched the first seconds of the first video.
    Otherwise you would have seen that in all the 4 videos they explain indepth,
    how to import and use the custom textures in radiant.

If you dont have a texture_assets folder, just make one? (regardless whether you need it)
    Wheres the problem?
    Also theres dds to iwi converter which you can download.
    Im sorry if it sounds harsh but its not really hard to find what you want,
    if you're able to express what you want to google which isnt the case here.

• Okay you want to import another guys texture, and you got the .dds file out of his .iwd

So the point is now that you just have the image (.dds) of the texture of this guy, but you also need the material data which isnt possible to get because its not recoverable from the guys mod or map (.ff or .iwd)
    If you know the creator of the texture u want to import you can ask him if he gives you the material data, or follow the nextstep

So you now just have the option to create a new material with the .dds you have. use the Asset Manager which comes with the cod4 modtools for that, this will also turn the .dds image you have into .iwi watch the tutorial which deleted User posted for that.

Be sure to try steps that people tell you,

Small facts for understanding:

- You need a material data in raw/material And the image data (.iwi) in raw/images from the texture to use in radiant.
    - to create the image and material data, you will need a .dds image and create a new texture with the asset manager.
    - Its not possible to get the material data of a texture from the guys map, it stays on the creators modfiles.