Good demo tool?

• Heya guys and girls

I recently had some sick sniper and knife moments, which I would've loved to have recorded.. Unfortunately I'm a retard so I can't find good demo programs myself.
    I was wondering if you could help me out.

The only requirements I have is that it can't be too ram conducting and that it's easy to use for a retard like me.

• Try to use Dxtory, i use Fraps but i don't think that your system will handle it or maybe give it a shot.

░░░░░░▄▀▒▒▒▒░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█
    ░░░░░█▒▒▒▒░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█
    ░░░░█▒▒▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
    ░░▄▀▒▒▒▄█████▄▒█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▄█████▄▒█
    ░█▒▒▒▒▐██▄████▌▒█▒▒▒▒▒█▒▐██▄████▌▒█
    ▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▀█████▀▒▒█▒░▄▒▄█▒▒▀█████▀▒▒▒█
    ▒▒▐▒▒▒░░░░▒▒▒▒▒█▒░▒▒▀▒▒█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█
    ▒▌▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▄▀▒░▒▄█▄█▄▒▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌
    ▒▌▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒█▌▌▌▌▌█▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▐
    ▒▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌▒▒▀███▀▒▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌
    ▀▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█
    ▀▄▒▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄▄▄▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▄▄▀
    ▒▒▀▄▒▀▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
    ▒▒▒▒▀▄▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▐

• Yo bruh,

If I understand well u want some kind of program to record demos, right ?

U can do that by cod 4 console. Binding keys as a start/stop. Commands are:
    /bind (key) record
    /bind (key) stoprecord

If u want other external programs I would like recommend Action!.
    Fraps also is good, but videos are so huuuge. So if u're limilted by space choose sth other.
    If u have gpu from Nvidia u can try - Nvidia ShadowPlay <---- I didin't use it, but I saw opinions, that it's very, very good at it ;)

Cheers,
    $ i w y .exe

• @ $ i w y.exe about the huge file size by fraps there's a program called "HandBreak" it will shrink the size of the video keeping the same quality, it's insane!

░░░░░░▄▀▒▒▒▒░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█
    ░░░░░█▒▒▒▒░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█
    ░░░░█▒▒▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
    ░░▄▀▒▒▒▄█████▄▒█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▄█████▄▒█
    ░█▒▒▒▒▐██▄████▌▒█▒▒▒▒▒█▒▐██▄████▌▒█
    ▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▀█████▀▒▒█▒░▄▒▄█▒▒▀█████▀▒▒▒█
    ▒▒▐▒▒▒░░░░▒▒▒▒▒█▒░▒▒▀▒▒█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█
    ▒▌▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▄▀▒░▒▄█▄█▄▒▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌
    ▒▌▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒█▌▌▌▌▌█▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▐
    ▒▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌▒▒▀███▀▒▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌
    ▀▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█
    ▀▄▒▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄▄▄▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▄▄▀
    ▒▒▀▄▒▀▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
    ▒▒▒▒▀▄▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▐

• Try to use Dxtory, i use Fraps but i don't think that your system will handle it or maybe give it a shot.

I will give it a shot. Thx Shae!

[quote='$ i w y .exe','https://board.3xp-clan.com/Thread/3109-Good-demo-tool/?postID=27503#post27503']Yo bruh,

If I understand well u want some kind of program to record demos, right ?

U can do that by cod 4 console. Binding keys as a start/stop. Commands are:
    /bind (key) record
    /bind (key) stoprecord

If u want other external programs I would like recommend Action!.
    Fraps also is good, but videos are so huuuge. So if u're limilted by space choose sth other.
    If u have gpu from Nvidia u can try - Nvidia ShadowPlay <---- I didin't use it, but I saw opinions, that it's very, very good at it ;)

Cheers,
    $ i w y .exe
    [/quote
    Ye I know but I want something external, as you said. I don't think my gpu is a Nvidia.. ;(

• I dont really understand your thread.
    You want a demo program for demos which you already have / exist to play them?
    In that case CoD4Player or DemoManager or just starting up the mod and typing /demo demoname should do.

If you actually want to record the content of the demo as real video, theres 2 ways.
    Either you use an external program such as Fraps (or any other (imo inferior to fraps))
    or you use avidemo.

Im not gonna explain it to you in detail because theres bunch of tutorials about avidemo.
    Avidemo is the best possible quality you can achieve, without affecting ram at all.
    It does however have incredible huge filesize (according to your set FPS, with which you are recording).
    Also you cant record a whole round with avidemo since theres a limit and that is 9999 Frames.
    That means if you're recording with 120 fps you can record 83 seconds of gameplay (starting at any point in the demo).
    If you record with 500 fps you can record 20 seconds of gameplay. ( I think you know where im going)

TL;DR: For gameplays/walkthroughs use FRAPS, for single short cinematics/clips use avidemo.

Best Regards,

deleted User

• @deleted User
    Avidemo sounds good. I'm going to look into it. Thanks!
    And I meant that I had some nice gameplay which I couldn't/didn't record. That was the reason why I wanted to record any upcoming nice gameplay. I don't want to "mis" any more nice moments ;p