Beiträge von Noob

I think it's a cool idea, certainly looks better than the old surf dynamics from Bone's server [examples: 1, 2].
    I wonder if the mod will be popular, and if so if it could be combined with bounces for a cj-surf experience.

Definitely a cool project, hope to see updates from it.

Thanks everyone for the kind words :)
    It's really nice to hear that people enjoy the map.

make sure there is no existing map with the same name

I actually had no idea there was already a mp_race! Sorry, I did check a long time ago but didn't find any other mp_race and it didn't show in Google (no one else told me either), sorry about that! Thanks for the kind words also.

Hey guys, I'm happy to announce that today I am finally releasing mp_race!
    I have put quite a lot of time into this project and I'm happy to finally be done!
    I really hope you guys enjoy this map as much as I did making it!

The map includes six official routes: Easy, Inter, Inter+, Fun, Hard, Bhop
    There are also multiple secrets, bonus rooms, and hidden extras too!

All routes are fully possible no-rpg (except Hard) and are built for speedrunning.
    There is a leaderboard scripted into the map which shows the top 6 times for each route. This does not get reset every time the map is played, but instead only when the server is restarted!
    There is an anti-cheat system in place also which hopefully prevents cheated times.
    Players who receive the #1 spot in a route will receive a model (Ratchet, Deadpool, Captain America, Shadow, Sonic, Joker)
    Please remember that this is a norpg speedrun map (except hard) and as such is not overly challenging.

Easy:
    I created Easy to cater to newcomers as much as possible, it does increase in difficulty as it progresses but most jumpers will find this route pretty simple to finish, although maybe not so simple to get #1 time in! I hope this route benefits the newcomers as they learn new simple techniques and fps switches.

Inter:
    I am quite happy with inter, again it caters to new-ish jumpers while at the same time not being too easy, I involved many techniques in this route, most are distance bounces. I think it works well as a speedrun route due to its design.

Inter+:
    This is an edited copy of inter with different texturing and of course more difficult bounces and landings. I am quite happy with how this turned out. This route is quite a bit harder than inter.

Fun:
    This is my favourite route, it starts out with close bounces and blocked bounces but quickly progresses into long distance bounces which I find very enjoyable, I really hope people play this route as much as the others as it's the most fun in my opinion! I tried to make it as suitable for speedrunning as possible. There are a variety of techniques used in this route. I feel this is just above i+ in difficulty.

Hard:
    The Hard way is not too difficult but at the same time not too easy. It starts off kinda' odd but progresses into distance and non-bullshit tech jumps also! I tried to incorporate a variety of techniques to keep it interesting. Most jumps are possible norpg but can be challenging if you're not a pro. For the pros I recommend trying the roof at the end, as it hasn't been landed yet.

Bhop:
    This route is taken from mp_bhop (my first unfinished map), and yes, it is possible all in one bunnyhop! Unfortunately due to the size of mp_race, this skybox is slightly buggy however all jumps are still of course possible. Players are only able to save on a specific black-white checkpoint texture, all other plats must be bunnyhopped. This route is weird looking and may stand out as odd - I decided to include it anyway because why not!

There is also a bonus room which contains: a gaproom, a small basic route for newbies, a small difficult route for skilled players, a secret room, a VIP room, a 'key' room (need to find 5 hidden keys), and many bunnyhops. There is also the old room which contains many rejected jumps from the delted inter+ and hard, also there is the frisbeesky room which is just a little feature made by Fris.

Walkthroughs:

Download:
    mp_race.zip

@BETA I made the map to give something back to the community.
    I realise not everyone will like every map. And yeah, design isn't my strong point (colour blind in real life) however I have gotten positive feedback from it. If you dislike it so much just don't play it.

If you came here only to insult other peoples work, please don't. There are very few active map developers and your insults will discourage others. Some people prefer simple designs by the way (also better for fps).

I am absolutely ok with constructive criticism (I actually encourage it), but you're not being constructive. Maybe you don't know how much time it takes to produce a map, but seeing a comment like that is very disheartening.

So if you have ideas regarding this 2 Features or modfeatures at all this is the place to tell them

I already mentioned it to you but I'll write it down so you don't forget;

• Check if RPG has been used and note it in the leaderboard
    • Check how many RPGs have been used and note it in the leaderboard
    • Remove gravity gun from participating players
    • Add a leaderboard type feature which shows the results (even just top 3)
    • Remove 'Spectators' as it can be off-putting for participators (or allow toggle)

I suggest adding a few more rank icons too, I like the idea of guns based on level (even just for players to show off).
    On an unrelated note, the in-game admin mod menu could use some work as it does not show all players in the game sometimes and some features do not work.
    I think adding a command for any player to choose a deagle, berretta or usp (silenced) as their primary weapon would also be a nice feature. Maybe also 'remove weapon', like in admin mod?

Anyway, I'm aware this is a lot of work, these are just a few ideas which you might like.
    I really like what you've done so far, nice job Viruz (and MIrko)! It's always nice to see the server being improved!

1st Karzye (so soothing to watch, not seen this style in CJ edits before)
    2nd Funk (very smooth, my personal preference for CJ edits)
    3rd Rald (simple editing style is very relaxing to watch, really smooth which is great)
    4th FrisbeeSky (original idea, nice effects, cool old-school vibe)
    5th Hawk (effects were cool, I like the edit style also kinda like botw)
    6th XPloz (mostly enjoyed watching)
    7th CoCoCod4
    (cool edit, nice techniques, just didn't stand out to me)
    8th Chappie (nothing major wrong, just didn't stand out to me)

Editing wise Karzye wins for me
    Enjoyment wise Funk wins for me

I have ranked them in the order I most enjoy watching, as NoobAim said, please do not take offence if you didn't rank as first - it's hard to pick with so many good edits.
    I really enjoyed the creativity used by some and the general smoothness used by others. I gave feedback on each video regarding what I thought about the edit.

Good luck all!

EDIT: added Rald and Hawk

noobaim Not all platforms and bounces were fully tested (some possibly not even possible) for his map.
    The map is really cool though, I had a chance to play it and I have to say it looks really nice and does indeed have some very hard (sunset-like) bounces.
    Maybe he'll let you test one day :p

I guess I will post first to get the ball rolling

I am currently working on mp_race, which will be a speedrun map with six ways (hopefully), all ways are built with speedruns in mind and are all no-rpg (except hard way).
    I've been working on it for quite some time now and have finally finished easy and inter (mostly xd).
    mp_bouncebuilder has helped a ton so thanks to Mirko, deleted User, and Viruz for that!
    Anyway, here's the current state of mp_race as of this post:

Easy Way:

"Fun" way (yet to name it propely):
    Hardway:
    (very much not finished)

So there's mp_race, release date: sometime this decade.
    Hope to see some posts from others now :)

Welcome to the map show off thread!
    The purpose of this thread is to post screenshots of your mapping projects for others to see!

Just hit reply with a screenshot or two of your map and maybe add a brief description if you want to.
    I just thought the community may want to see peoples mapping projects, so I made this thread - hopefully someone likes it.
    Feel free to post feedback on whatever pictures the mappers post here.
    To the mappers, you can post any pictures or screenshots you like, old or new, even if the project is discontinued I think people would still like to see!

Zitat

One thing which maybe bad about it, for me if i f.e subscribed to a cj channel, and then it keeps doing dr ktk and osu content beside the cj content, it would be a reason to desubscribe it for me because i dont want the dr osu whatever content in my sub feed.

I feel the same way, and I have unsubbed from channels which changed content before.

Nothing wrong with your idea Pawz, as others have mentioned. I feel many people will unsubscribe if non-cod/csgo content is uploaded regularly but I see your points also (mainly cj etc.).
    I personally would prefer for the 3xP' Channel to stick to COD4 and CJ as much as possible, however I'm aware not everyone feels the same way as I do.

I assume it uses SetClientDvar combined with cg_fovscale.
    Like solving all programming problems, break it down into small steps first, for this example first let the server listen for the player's input of !fov and then decide what to do next.
    Here's a useful resource ZeRoY's Call Of Duty Script Reference (also if you haven't already looked - Modding and Servers).

I really like how much effort you've put into this already, I hope it works out nicely! You have some very nice ideas and apparently you're a good editor too (I never knew!), good luck Fris :)
    I hope you get the demos you want . Also god damn that spreadsheet must have taken a very long time to create o_o Anyway best of luck with the project!

The reason I started playing on 3xP' so much was not due to the skill level of the members. The reason I started playing on the 3xP' CJ server was the people - the personalities.

Back when I was a super noob, I could almost always get help from the active 3xP' players at the time, and that's why I played. Everyone was friendly and really helpful. The people were nice and helped others regularly. There was a good server atmosphere.
    That's what I liked about the server and it's why (in my opinion) the server is still so popular and active today. If the team was based solely on skill and not on personality I don't think the server would be nearly as populated as it is today (see the competitors and how their servers turned out). Although I completely see your point Pawz I don't think this would benefit the team/server. Sure, the players with the tag would be more skilled. However there would be less people who could help and they'd have less motivation to help also.

I understand what you're asking and I can see why you're asking it but I don't think it would benefit the team or server. This is just my opinion, we just have different views on what the server should be like. I like that you brought this up as I do agree with some of your points.

TLDR; I think people play for the atmosphere, not the skill level, changing the current structure won't benefit the server

That's my view on the topic, would like to hear other views too.

Regards,
    Noob

I think it's pretty mature that you made a public apology and it shows that you have learned from your mistake. It seems you genuinely are sorry and don't plan on re offending.
    It's nice that you're honest and know you could bypass but instead made this post - it's a very mature thing to do.

I've talked to Viruz and we've decided to let you back on the server providing you don't troll (which I am pretty sure you won't).

Regards,

Noob