Beiträge von RB|Jamayka

this is Poseidon first map, a long 9 month project. The main characteristic is nature and his main target was details. he hope you enjoy the map and give a detailed feedback.I'm sure he have fixed all the known bugs, but please report any if found.

Details
    Project started at 1st January, 2015.

Map Name: mp_dr_poseidon

Traps: 12

Difficulty: Hard- Medium

File Size: 65.62 MB

Secrets: 5

Endrooms: 10

Time to finish: aproximately 90 seconds.

Screenshots : mp_dr_poseidon - Album on Imgur

Download Link : https://moddb.com/mods/braxs-d…od/addons/mp-dr-poseidon2
    mp_dr_poseidon

Hope you enjoy.

To achieve this you will need a couple of things:
    1- your Mod source (in this case i'll be using deathrun 1.2 source for Cod4)
    2- Mod tool updated to lastest version "1.1" (For COD4)
    3- Photo editing software that convert to dds (in this case i'll be using photoshop cs6 with Nvidia plugin)
    4- a picture
    So lets get started :
    1) grab an image that you like:

2) Open it in Photoshop/Gimp/Paint. I personally recommend using Photoshop and change the picture size to a power of 2 (Ex. 1024x1024, 512x512, etc.)

3) Save the image as a DDS/TGA in root/raw/images (you must save it there). Works either way. Just use DDS for your case (if you use TGA just leave the settings as it is.)

4) Open up Asset Manager and select material and create a new entry and name it wat ever you want (You must remember what you named it)

5) follow the settings:

6) now select the dds you made before by click on the three dots in color map and convert the Asset (by pressing F10 or PC convert Menu). it should say "Conversion Done." if you had any error post it here
    7) Copy the converted file in root/raw/images and paste it in your root/mods/YOURMODNAME/images folder.

8) For the material to work on the gun, you go into root/raw/xmodel and find the viewmodel of your gun. Since i m using the silver Deagle,i ll find "viewmodel_desert_eagle". Make a copy of it and rename it something like "viewmodel_desert_eagle_lava" (you want to keep the original one). Open the file with Notepad++(it Must be Notepad or it wont work) and find "mtl_weapon_desert_eagle_silver". Replace that with what you named your material in Step 4.Then save it and put in your root/mods/YOURMODNAME/xmodel folder.

9) Find your silver deagle file in root/raw/weapons/mp (you dont have it there just go grab it from main/iw_11/weapons/mp, which supposedly should be named Desertdeagle_mp. Make a copy of this as well and rename it "lava_deserteagle_mp"(The reason for this is to keep the original Deagle gun instead of replacing it). Open it up with Notepad++ and find "viewmodel_desert_eagle". Replace that with what you named your viewmodel file (in this case "viewmodel_desert_eagle_lava") in root/mods/YOURMODNAME/xmodel.and save it in root/mods/YOURMODNAME/weapons/mp folder

optional step to apply the texture to the model

10) go to your mod.csv and insert this lines

Code
    1. weapon,mp/lava_deserteagle_mp
    2. xmodel,viewmodel_desert_eagle_lava
    3. xmodel,weapon_desert_eagle_lava

11) Build your mod and enjoy your sexy weapon

if you have any issue post it here