Beiträge von myst.

Does it really matter for what HawkSlayer need that settings? He asked for some help about that and that's it..

About bitrate - there is no need for very high bitrate. Just use something proper to 4K resolution - 50-80 MB/s or more.

MeGUI is a software that allows you compress file from .avi uncompressed to .mp4 compressed with very good quality (if you'll use good settings).

I can't tell you how big will be the file. Try to render short part (like 5 or 10 seconds long) and look how big it is. ;)

Hello,

you can render this as .avi with Xvid codec (I didn't check this in AAE, because I don't have it installed at the moment, but if it works in Vegas, I don't see any reason it wouldn't work in AAE). Just change rendering resolution in its settings and work with bitrate (I would recommend 50 MB/s or higher).

There is also second way for good quality. You can render your video as .avi uncompressed (I know that file size will be huge) and then use MeGUI to convert it to .mp4 file.

Both ways will give you good video quality. ;)

@mirko911

I also have this problem sometimes on 3xP' servers. Doesn't matter if that was CJ or Zombie server (for example). There were days when I got 8-11 KB/s download and I don't think it's because of my connection..

But, in last 2 weeks I haven't got any problem on 3xP' servers with fastdl speed - I don't know if you've changed something or it just started working good. Now I'm at 3-5 MB/s. Does location matter?

@deleted User

Are you talking about avidemo? And if yes, what FPS?

Also.. movieconfig changes CoD4 look (colors, shadows etc.), but without changing graphic settings in your GPU drivers settings you won't get as good CoD4 graphic and, sadly, slower avidemo recording process.

I'm not saying your time is impossible. I know you have sick PC, probably that's why. :) But look, most of us have average PCs. :P We can make thread in Offtopic section "Post your PC spec". ^^

I recorded with avidemo a 20 second clip. Recorded at 150fps. It took about 30 minutes to record (that surely isnt normal)

It is normal.

Avidemo took 3811 screenshots. Is that a normal amount?

It is. You said you usec avidemo 150, so for every single second avidemo will take 150 screenshots. 3811 screenshots/150=around 25,4 seconds recorded. Everything is fine.

The video in Vegas is a lot smoother, but has black bars either side of the video - not the end of the world though.

You need to crop it in vegas, because 1080p or 720p has 16:9 aspect ratio. 1280x800 is 16:10.

I will make and publish tutorial about basic stuff and useful things like that. It will be on 3xP' board today or tomorrow (saturday or sunday). I will let you know about that on PM. ;)

(SSD would be probably 1:1 realtime record xD)

Sadly, but no. I'm working on SSD only. There is a speed difference between SSD and HDD, but SSD will not give 1:1 realtime speed. It's not only about SSD. You need to have really strong PC to handle 1:1 realtime in avidemo. Also, for recording every editor is using higher graphic settings in GPU driver settings, like AA x16, FXAA, high quality textures [x32] and shadows etc. ;) After you will change these settings in drivers, your FPS will be lower 2-3 times than normal. Even SSD will not help you. :(

@Jack

You can also ask me if you want - here on pm, on xfire or on steam. I can send you my nickname via pm.

@Jack

Yes, I was talking about FPS in cl_avidemo command.

@Hardcore

There are more crops for CoD4 moviemaking. My favourite is 16:9 with black bars, cropped from 1280x800. Maybe, because I'm Promod editor. I also really love oldschool crop - 1280x1024 cropped to 16:9 without black bars. :D

I'm recording with at least 500 FPS (sometimes with 600, sometimes with 750 and sometimes with 1000), because I'm used to use a lot of slow-mo in my edits. For example: original file recorded at 500 FPS with slow-mo at 12% of real speed gives you 60 FPS (500*0.12=60). It's enough for short time visible slow-mo part in edit (mostly around 1 sec or less). And, if you will render it at 30 FPS it will be still really smooth. ;) If I wouldn't use a lot of slow-mo, of course then, 500 FPS is not needed and I agree, it's not good.

@Jack

Your avidemo work is taking way too long time - I agree. In fact moviemaking it's not as easy as it looks from a side. Here are some useful things about CoD4 moviemaking:
    - don't record in 1080p - it's useless.. Why? 99% of viewers will not even turn on 720p on YouTube, that's truth.
    - I would recommend you recording in 1280x800 resolution - it's the best for 16:9 crop with black bars
    - best FPS for edits is 300 or higher (I recommend 500)
    - after you record your footage with avidemo, import screenshots to VirtualDub and save it as .avi uncompressed - why uncompressed? Both: Lagarith Lossless Codec and uncompressed files have the same file size, but uncompressed it's always in best quality.

You also said:

Zitat von Jack

When i put the compressed file in Vegas it was super jumpy. Could that be the compression setting i used?

The answer is yes. Xvid is an amazing codec. It has amazing ratio file size/quality, but.. it has some problems with editing software. I have no idea why, but Vegas just "doesn't like" Xvid files. It's working slow and is super jumpy, as you said. Even if you are working on SSD (tested on myself). If you will save in VirtualDub your video as uncompressed as I said - there will be no problem in Vegas. Everything will be working very smooth and work on your video will be the thing you really enjoy to do.

Use Xvid codec, but only for final render in Vegas, after your video will be done and you will just save finished project.

Btw. Do you guys think I should make an thread as tutorial with all that basic stuff for moviemaking? Like recording, usefull commands for CoD4, binds, crops, resolutions, project settings, render settings, codecs, compressions, useful and easy effects in Vegas and more.. I was already thinking about it, but I wasn't sure if anyone would need it. If there is a need for this - just write, I will do it. Of course step by step, with screenshots included.

@Jack

If you want to make CoD4 edits, 120 FPS will not be enough anyway to be honest. For edits, when there are slow-mo parts etc. you will need at least 300 FPS. ;)

@Hardcore

30 FPS is way better. I personally have tried 60 FPS once and I know it was bad idea. In my opinion 30 FPS (or 29.970) looks best for CoD4 videos. :)

Btw. You Xvid settings are good - approved. :thumbup:

@Jack

Hey, I can help you out with render settings, if my are satisfying you. ;)

About what game do we talk about? Are you recording CoD4 with 120 FPS or it's overall, for every kind of games?

Hello Community!

I'm looking for good CoD4 demos for edit(s). Requirements below.

Promod demos (PCW; ESL; CG; LAN; other private matches) - short Promod edit(s)
    - all weapons (the most wanted are scope demos)
    - only good and fast actions (I'm not looking for 3 men in 50 seconds, cuts won't make frag looks good in edit)
    - the most wanted are: 3 men; 4 men; ace

Demos form non OS public servers - montage(s)
    - scope only (standard or ACOG)
    - only sick actions (fast kills which ends with +40; +50; +60 or more)

Demos from 3xP' Nuketown server only - short Promod edit(s)
    - all weapons (the most wanted are scope demos)
    - only good and fast actions (I'm not looking for 3 men in 50 seconds)
    - the most wanted are: 3 men; 4 men; 5 men or more; ace
    - TDM and SD demos accepted

Rules:
    - only clear demos - obviously cheated frags won't be used
    - you have to be owner of the demo (that means you have to be player and you can't submit demos from other players)
    - I will use only these demos, which I will want to use and think they are good enough
    - if you send me demo, don't ask me when will I use it and when edit will come out - it won't make me do my job faster
    - there is no deadline (as long as I'm editor, as long I will look for CoD4 demos)

- Private message on forum only
    - Xfire (1337myst)

If you have any questions or you're not sure if your demo is good enough to submit - feel free to ask me.

Best regards,
    myst.