Beiträge von Viruz

point of this series that it wont work if just drizz and me will do it, i said in the beginning that i wont find the time to do much eps for it, i didnt want to participate at all in the beginning, due to reallife application phase now, also mod and release of remastered.
    Now drizz also doesnt find the time to do episodes due to rl buisyness.

So its needed to be like in the first 6 Weeks, that there are alot of people who help out doing eps. But it doesnt see to be the case that still so much people like in the beginning want to do it.

Jojojo,

as you maybe have seen we didnt released a wcd this week. This was mainly because of planning fails.
    I dislike how we handled it in the last 3 Weeks, there the editor just knew that it will be his turn like 2-3 days before the actual release. This doesnt work like we have seen now.

So i would like Everyone who would like to do a wcd to vote for the next 6 Sundays when he would be able to release it.
    OBVIOUSLY ONLY VOTE IF YOU WANT TO EDIT A WCD

U know that i kind of also have the oppinion that it mostly should be like this, if u watched the demos which i send you and my wcd u probably noticed that i also send you the better demos and take the not that good demos for wcd.

The point which i totally disaggree with is that a insane jump should never be in a video like wcd, the only diffrence between wcd and big montages is the hype around it, u could also argumentate that u wont remember single good jumps because you forget them in the spam of good jumps in montages which are mostly around 8 minutes or longer. Also i dont think that this will reduce quality of a big montage if there are some jumps taken by some wcd editors.
    Even if it would its completly against my work philosophy to decrease quality of one product to make another one look better.

These days your montage and wcd is basicly the only content which features new jumps, back in the days we had like 3 montages + botw a year, and also there we had enough demos.
    I think the "we dont have enough jumps" discussion is senseless because we have enough jumps, especially when there are only this few productions going on.

Zitat

Oh hell nah that ain't gonna take a year

I mean from annoucing to release, so already half a year gone. And it should take another half year if u try to do the best which u can what you will probably. F.e very good csgo edits can take up to 3 Month for a very skilled editor. they are more work per second but also alot shorter.

Zitat

problem here is simply just those people who sent a demo to ywcd that they have already sent to fris' montage

can understand that, but i still think its the performers decision. would be nice to say it to you tho, but also this is up to the performer in my oppinion

Zitat

5 insane jumps per year

There wont ever be any limits on what kind of jumps can get into wcd, it will stay editors and performers choice.

Lemme correct one issue in your argumentation

Zitat

if 4 people are still having fun playing the map and there is just 1 person who doesn't, or if 8 people are still having fun and there are 2 people who doesn't

You cannot just take the people which are on the server. There are 2 Groups on the server, one wants to extend and the others dont. But the longer the map runs, the more of the Group of people who dont want the map to be extended will leave, or not join at all cause they see "ah shit still galaxy on 3xp"
    so ontop of the 2/10 people who are against extending on the server, there are at least 3-4 people who already left / not even joined because they want the map to change.

about how we implement this system we dont rly need to talk right now, as this is not happening in close future, we will find a way to make it acceptable for everyone. both of your ways would work

Zitat

I thought the idea of YWCjD was to allow editors to showcase their editing skills, and to save insane demos for montages.

No, YWCD is not a semi important project which just takes bad demos, and this never was the idea behind it, not at all. We also take not that insane demos, as wcd have around 20 demos a month, but ofc here and there there will be an insane demo, would be boring if it would be limited. We are taking more demos which are not that insane, but there is no upper limit like how bad the jumps need to be to get in.

As an editor of wcd i try to take the best looking and hardest jumps i can get. And i think the others do it the same way. Also i wont change that, just because there is one montage announced, where not even the demos are selected todate. No offense its completly okay to take your time dont matter how long it takes, but ofc the longer it takes the older the jumps get. Atm there are 200 demos and thats it, nothing recorded no demos chosen. Why should we decrease standarts of a project like wcd just because in 1 year there will be 1 Montage.

All in all this is also not possible or good to control, it is how it is.
    The Demo recorder decides who he will send the demo
    The Editor decides which demo will make it into the video

Fris i bet when u have told everyone which demo will get in (even this will probably take at least 1 month right :P?) then these demos wont get used by the people otherwise
    But as long as this is not the case, its obvious that they dont want to wait years (and yes i think it gonna take over a year all in all to get that montage out) to see their demos.
    Especially if u say that only 40 of 160 send in demos will get in.

Finnaly i also read all of these :P.

mirko basicly said everything i want to say, map ban for 5 maps will be added with the next update.
    Lethalbeasts idea of kind of multiplying ratio with minutes the map runs is rly nice and im in in implementing this also.

However the next update will not be there in short time, as jobapplications run, statspage update and mwr release soon.

Thanks for the usefull argumentation and tips u gave us.