Moug Trusted App

• Hello again,

For the past week or so I’ve been discussing this application and the ”state” of the CJ community with quite a few people. I felt that it was time for me to publicly address some of the arguments brought up on this thread as well as let everyone know our decision when it comes to Moug’s application.

To begin, Leejey and ZeeZ brought up great points about it not being fair that we are in a sense ”discriminating” Moug based on the fact that he likes to spend time with people who are banned from the server. While there is not anything wrong with Moug doing that, it does create an unnecessary risk that we’d rather not take. Also the point about ”Moug causing drama”, that is not what we meant at all. If we were to accept Moug on his terms (that he doesn't need to kick/ban), I don’t see there being a situation where Moug specifically could cause any drama. The issue arises in the fact that we would be accepting a trusted member who basically doesn't need to do any tasks that a trusted player is expected to do. Most of the current drama in the last 3 years or so have been caused by the same 3-4 people and if Moug specifically says that he won’t ban or kick them, should they join, we have a serious problem. Moug’s application essentially boils down to him just asking for TP and TP only. I don’t think it’s fair to other players that we would selectively give TP to only specific members of the community just because they are good at CJ.

Again just to make it clear, we don’t think Moug would cause any drama, we just don’t like accepting people who apply only TP in mind and don’t necessarily care about the integrity of the server.

As a result our decision to Moug’s trusted application is a NO, as Moug made it very clear that he will not change his banning/kicking approach.

However, as a solace to this result, we felt that now is a good time to finally enable TP to all players on the server (as a trial). This way it’s fair to everyone, and all parties should be pleased. We will be looking into enabling it in a few days and I should mention that if it becomes a problem in the server, we might remove it later because of that. For now though, TP will be enabled for all players on a trial basis, and we’ll see if we will keep it on the server permanently based on how the trial period goes.

Also I’d like to address some of the concerns that had nothing to do with Moug's app but more on the community as a whole that Leejey brought up.

if you get to know people on a deeper level you will sometimes be surprised on how they actually are

The fact that a person is nice to you when you get to know them on a deeper level does not justify trolling or bad behavior on the server.

I feel like people are starting drama way too quickly. Who cares if someone did something weird or even presumptuous?

Maybe it's just me but I never felt true tension

It’s easy to say this when you barely know what the drama was even about. In the last 3 years I was in the middle of this and I can say without a doubt that there was true tension between many players in the community.

The only situation where there really is a problem, is when people make it bigger than it actually is. This has to stop.

As I said earlier, I am friends with most of the people in this community. And if one behaved weird I went on and avoided him. That's it.

The community of CJ is already small enough, so can we please build a harder shell by not getting offended too quickly and actively try to keep us together?

Like having 4-5 people banned is gonna break the entire CJ community. Again it’s easy to say ”just dont get offended” when you have no idea what happened.

Also the part about not banning bunny etc.

I completely understand that some members couldn’t make the decision of ”should I ban”? This is completely understandable as the situation was evolving fast and so much had happened.

It was hard even for me to keep up and I have been in the middle of this since the beginning. Members who had no idea what the drama was even about obviously couldn’t have made the decision and and we understand that it was our fault of not informing you about the situation.

If anyone feels like they have missed out on some juicy CJ drama or have some serious concerns about the atmosphere of the server, feel free to message me and I’ll give my view of the situation. The underlying problem is with members who know what was happening and still decided to not do anything. I know from experience that it is always difficult when you have to ban/kick someone for bad behavior who you have known for a long time and I have to remind you that if you are a member of 3xP’ we expect you to keep these players banned, as that is best for the server.

If there’s any questions or concerns, let me know and I’ll try to answer the best I can.

I think that’s all, thanks for reading and understanding.

Regards,

Funk

#frisbee

• Noob

Hat das Label Rejected hinzugefügt