Preferences of the CJ Community (Public Poll)

• Hello everyone,

I thought about all the maps which exist in CJ and i want you to participate in a strawpoll.
    Which of the listed maps would you like to see as fully finished and polished and publicly released map?
    Keep in mind im speaking theoretically of these sequels.
    I didnt pick all maps but the ones i thought would provide a good theme for a sequel.
    You can tick multiple ( all ) boxes if thats your preference.
    Im interested to see the preferences of the current CJ community considering this topic. :)

Thanks for participating,

deleted User

• Yeah I want to make some Cool new stuff, been messing with bouncebuilder tool a little bit lately, its really amazing tool to use don't get me wrong but it does have some issues and limitations that I've experienced. The plats end up disappearing if you go to far up or out away from the spawn point or they will randomly move 10k units across map somewhere else and the maps playable skybox really isn't as big as I would prefer it to be for the making of huge bunnies, slides, and skips .Other then that its really awesome and fun, I almost wanna make one too and Call it BoatBuilder :P <----( lmfao)
    Maybe when I start hanging out with you guys more I can get a few tips on mapping/scripting and maybe I will let you in on super secret map themes that will blow your mind :P
    Also maybe Put up some Tutorials in a Mapping Section For People to Learn From if we don't have one already. That way we can get as many people making maps as possible.

Thanks and Have Good Day Guys :thumbup:

• As i already mentioned, then map isnt at fault.
    Its simply the engine.
    Script_brushmodels do get invisible when you get too far away from the point of origin (0,0,0).
    Also we found out that the sky works as portal you know from Portal the game.
    If you move them further all the time they wont move randomly,
    they actually just disappear and appear exactly at the mirrored position on the other side of the skybox.
    (Hence the portal reference).
    But i think most people saw this already on custom maps. If someone goes afk while falling into nothing,
    despite his view of falling further away from the skybox, he actually gets respawned at the top of the skybox all the time.
    If anyone knows how to increase or disable these limitations, that would fix your problem of being trapped
    in this "small" sandbox. :)

• To be more exact: contrary to cod2 where the entity's origin is stored in a full 32 bit signed integer (-2G to +2G), cod4 stores entity origins in signed 16 bit integers (-32k to +32k). This means that once a player goes outside of the (-32k, -32k, -32k) to (32k, 32k, 32k) box, he wraps around to his_origin&65k. You can clearly see this on some maps where different routes (easy/inter/hard) are positioned a multiple of 65k units apart and you can see the player doing ANOTHER route in your route.

This "bug" affects everything, from playermodels and scriptmodels to playsound and playfx. There's nothing modders can do to stop this aside from using really smart+tricky workarounds of which half wont even work.

So mappers: please try to keep your map inside the 32k mark on all axes.