Suggestions for Codjumper Server (Serious)

• I have some suggestions to remove some old maps and add new ones. I made a list which is based on the average skill level of cj player on your server. The maps you should keep are:

mp_to_the_moon
    mp_architektur
    mp_bouncer_training
    mp_chance
    mp_shade
    mp_mystic_v3
    mp_crazy_jump
    mp_dark_v2
    mp_eb_bouncer
    mp_blue2
    mp_sunset
    mp_descent
    mp_polar
    mp_the_extreme
    mp_palm_v2
    mp_mystic

The follo#removed maps should get removed (i always stated a reason behind map name)

mp_insane (I think nobody voted for insane in the last 3 months and if so 90% of players left -everytime)
    mp_destroyed (The map itself is funny but the average player on 3xp gets stuck on first, which leads to a fast ragequit since it has only 1 way)
    mp_ib_glass_v3 (only 1 way and overplayed imo, remove for space , most people quit)
    mp_futurama ( easy way is obviously inter to inter+ -> people leave / map isnt really played)
    mp_fortress (good map but way too hard for new player since it requires good rpg timing)
    mp_portal (beautiful map and scripts but people get stuck in the first rooms and the plat get unsynced after some time , remove for space)
    mp_space (os on for this map) -> (isnt played , remove for space)
    mp_legacy (remove for space)
    mp_pcbank (i cant remember if it was played once since im playing on 3xp (5 months) -> remove for space)
    mp_canyon (a map which starts with a gap and forces player to keep 125 no rpg isnt really that fun -> remove for space)
    mp_mike_jump_v2 (wasnt played since 400 BC -> remove for space)
    mp_digital (remove for space)
    mp_codjumper_training (remove since most maps have a gap room )
    mp_4gf_jump (remove for space , boring , doesnt get played)
    mp_all_in (remove for space , doesnt get played)
    mp_artillery (remove for space since this map is unfinished²³)
    mp_badboys (remove for space, doesnt get played)
    mp_easy_jump (remove for space , doesnt get played)
    mp_dungenon_p (remove it, its just gaps and gaps and gaps and gaps)
    mp_cave (good map but people quit )
    mp_cheops (map is well done but the map itself has a huge skill gap after some time which makes it impossible for new player to continue and since it has only 1 way they leave)
    mp_codjump (wasnt played 500 BC)
    mp_craft_v1 ( ??? -> remove)
    mp_galus (people quit)
    mp_future (doesnt get played -> remove for space)
    mp_fussaids_v1 ( kinda annoying , nobody plays it , and if its current map : people leave)
    mp_freak_jump (remove for space)

All the maps listed above are played maybe every 50 Maps. The basic rotation (based on player votes) is:

mp_to_the_moon
    mp_architektur
    mp_mystic_v3
    mp_blue2
    mp_descent
    mp_palm_v2
    mp_mystic

The rest gets also played but not that often:

mp_chance
    mp_shade
    mp_crazy_jump
    mp_dark_v2
    mp_eb_bouncer
    mp_sunset
    mp_polar
    mp_the_extreme

So since you now know which maps are the current rota and which maps are just taking space on your root or whatever i would consider to remove all maps i listed with the reason. You might dislike or disagree with the reason but since im one of the most active player on 3xp cj i doubt you can say better.

I consider the follo#removed maps to be added:

mp_palm [No Download found pls Send me a Link]
    mp_blu3 [Downloaded]
    mp_descent_v2 [Downloaded]
    mp_evacuate_v2 [Downloaded]
    mp_mystic_v2 [Downloaded]
    mp_qube [No Download found pls Send me a Link]
    mp_qube_v2 [Downloaded]
    mp_woodland [No Download found pls Send me a Link]
    mp_lucky [Downloaded]
    mp_islands [Downloaded]
    mp_mars [Downloaded]
    mp_dependence [No Download found pls Send me a Link]
    mp_dark_v3 [Downloaded]
    mp_bone [Downloaded]
    mp_awe [Downloaded]

And maybe even some Free Roam Maps like mp_ultimate.

Thanks for reading to this point. I know its much work to change everything but if you dont change it, i can almost guarantee that your CJ server will die. There are many upcoming CJ server with better rotation and in order to keep going i'd seriously consider to update it.

And last but not least: There is a problem on your CJ Server in general. People end up in an infinite loop of loading .iwd. I know that you need to move the .iwd to 3xp folder to fix it... but people dont. They keep trying until they give up. This problem occured for the first time about 3 weeks ago. It wasnt like that the time before. So please check this out and fix asap.

Best Regards

deleted User

#EDIT

Download for mp_qube , mp_palm , mp_woodland , mp_dependence

Index of /cod4/usermaps/mp_woodland
    Index of /cod4/usermaps/mp_palm
    Index of /cod4/usermaps/mp_qube
    Index of /cod4/usermaps/mp_dependence

• looks nice .... @Viruz ? what u think

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

nononononononononononono, I'm not banned or busted :D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Good post!

I also think that there should be Noclip, not to skip parts, but to be able to finish maps.
    There are many maps which I haven't finished because of votes, and starting all over every time is quite annoying.
    Also please disable knifing, so saving is faster and feels more comfortable.

• I agee with you Activator. The reason why people tend to skip maps is simple. They get stuck and lose motivation after some while. Whenever someone gets stuck i try to help and explain tech, which works usually.
    But since i cant play 24/7 to help people out, there will always be people who lose motivation and wanting a new map. Biggest mistake in my opinion: since you can only improve in cj by constantly trying till you find your tech and not avoiding jumps you are stuck at.

Now to the no clip part. I think its a good idea but i think that if everybody gets noclip it will get abused. So it would be the best if only VIPS / Trusted player who can actually finish the map anyway and are a little advanced in CJ would get noclip ability. In addition to that: add a pick up mod. Its possible to pick up people and no clip together with them. This makes helping and skipping parts of maps you've already done much easier.
    I only see the problem with the people who should get noclip. I rarely see 3xp member playing on CJ server. 3xp Sea' is the most active as far as i know. Maybe you should do an application system for getting ranked as VIP by some map challenge to check the skill. It would be senseless if people would get noclip who cant finish easy maps.

Best Regards

deleted User

• At first, Thanks to your big suggestion :D.

I can agree with the most things, and i will change it but i may need a week or so.

Maps will be added:
    mp_palm
    mp_blu3
    mp_descent_v2
    mp_evacuate_v2
    mp_mystic_v2
    mp_qube
    mp_qube_v2
    mp_woodland
    mp_lucky
    mp_islands
    mp_mars
    mp_dependence
    mp_dark_v3
    mp_bone
    mp_awe

Maps will be removed:

mp_insane (I think nobody voted for insane in the last 3 months and if so 90% of players left -everytime) [Will be removed]
    mp_destroyed (The map itself is funny but the average player on 3xp gets stuck on first, which leads to a fast ragequit since it has only 1 way) [Will be removed]
    mp_ib_glass_v3 (only 1 way and overplayed imo, remove for space , most people quit) [Will be removed]
    mp_futurama ( easy way is obviously inter to inter+ -> people leave / map isnt really played) [Will be removed]
    mp_fortress (good map but way too hard for new player since it requires good rpg timing) [Will be removed]
    mp_portal (beautiful map and scripts but people get stuck in the first rooms and the plat get unsynced after some time , remove for space) [Will be removed]
    mp_space (os on for this map) -> (isnt played , remove for space) [Will be removed]
    mp_legacy (remove for space)
    mp_pcbank (i cant remember if it was played once since im playing on 3xp (5 months) -> remove for space) [Will be removed]
    mp_canyon (a map which starts with a gap and forces player to keep 125 no rpg isnt really that fun -> remove for space)
    mp_mike_jump_v2 (wasnt played since 400 BC -> remove for space) [Will be removed]
    mp_digital (remove for space)
    mp_codjumper_training (remove since most maps have a gap room ) [Will be removed]
    mp_4gf_jump (remove for space , boring , doesnt get played)
    mp_all_in (remove for space , doesnt get played)
    mp_artillery (remove for space since this map is unfinished²³) [Will be removed]
    mp_badboys (remove for space, doesnt get played)
    mp_easy_jump (remove for space , doesnt get played) [Will be removed]
    mp_dungenon_p (remove it, its just gaps and gaps and gaps and gaps)
    mp_cave (good map but people quit ) [Will be removed]
    mp_cheops (map is well done but the map itself has a huge skill gap after some time which makes it impossible for new player to continue and since it has only 1 way they leave)
    mp_codjump (wasnt played 500 BC) [Will be removed]
    mp_craft_v1 ( ??? -> remove)
    mp_galus (people quit) [Will be removed]
    mp_future (doesnt get played -> remove for space) [Will be removed]
    mp_fussaids_v1 ( kinda annoying , nobody plays it , and if its current map : people leave)
    mp_freak_jump (remove for space)

We dont need space on our root ;) we could add another 600 maps with no problem :D

Rotiation will be changed top played maps on top.

But i dont agree with some things too:

noclip/tp/gravitygun for everyone:
    I know the we will get more popularity if these a available, but for me the popularity isnt that importent.
    Mainly i wanted to give the people who beat the map without "cheating" a better feeling. That its not like u beat the way and at finish are 10 newbie u done the map with noclip.
    But i agree with deleted Users idea to only give skilled players VIP. i will think about it in the next days!

I already thought about opening a second cj server with the name "3xP' Advanced CJ" or "3xP' Intermediate CJ" for the more skilled players because i really like some hardmaps like mp_destroyed but i see that 99% of people stucks @ first jump and it get voted off fast or people quitting.

@deleted User i know that the dload problem exists and i will try my best to solve it, but i am not that skilled so i dont think i can solve it on my own so it may take 2-3 weeks Q_Q
    @Activator u can bind load & save in options then u will not knife anymore and u dont have to double press the button

• Thanks for the fast reply :)

Of course not everyone should get noclip etc.
    You might think of a challenge to earn this ability as i said. (Finish maps in X minutes or finish certain maps at all)

• Maprotation changed for now (will be edited in the few days)

map mp_blue2
    map mp_mystic
    map mp_to_the_moon
    map mp_chance
    map mp_shade
    map mp_mystic_v3
    map mp_palm_v2
    map mp_legacy
    map mp_architektur
    map mp_sunset
    map mp_descent
    map mp_beast
    map mp_digital
    map mp_nevada
    map mp_4gf_jump
    map mp_all_in
    map mp_badboys
    map mp_canyon
    map mp_dungeon_p
    map mp_cheops
    map mp_craft_v1
    map mp_dark_v2
    map mp_eb_bouncer1
    map mp_eb_unknown
    map mp_forgotten
    map mp_fussaids_v1
    map mp_dark
    map mp_the_extreme
    map mp_bouncer_training
    map mp_freak_jump
    map mp_crazy_jump
    map mp_peds_propel

• looks like the .iwd download bug is only on some maps. atm on mp_blue2 it bugs but not on mp_mystic.

All Maps with an .iwd data in it cause the server to start the dl loop -.-

Examples witch work:
    mp_mystic
    mp_descent

Examples witch dont work:
    mp_blue2
    mp_blu3
    mp_bone

• All Map changes finished! DL bug hopefully fixed soon.

More Information here:http://3xp-clan.com/?page=news&article=47

#closed