Beiträge von IzNoGoD

I have no idea how this is implemented in 3xP, but here's some background on it, with possible causes and fixes:

In case the command polls a readdir() thingy, hdd access times might be the blame for this (fix: cache the damn directory at map start)
    In case the command tries to set 64+ cvars at once, a soft overflow might occur (the soft kind of "server command overflow" crash), which will trigger a re-ordering of the messages the server sends to the client
    In case the command tries to set 128+ cvars at once, a hard overflow occurs, and the client will crash out with "server command overflow". Same should happen if someone /rcon say s over 128 messages in a single server frame (should disconnect all players with the command overflow)
    Fix for the cvar stuff should be just a wait 0.05 between every 20 setclientdvar() calls, or query the amount of messages that the server intents to send to a client and adjust your rate accordingly.

Had some more contact with Atrix and he claims he wrote the script from the ground up, after initially modifying my scripts. So, it turns out this was all a big misunderstanding. Case closed.

What was your ping at the time? I've had pretty much everyone I've talked to tell me it's a lot smoother than JH's one. At one point IzNoGod himself even messaged me on Steam about it stating it seemed like I optimised his code (don't know where he got the idea that it was his code in the first place but it gets the point across).

Great, here you are alive. Seeing that you wont respond to my steam messages, but indeed seem to read them, then react to them in public. Very classy move sir.

The idea of you optimizing my code comes from multiple sources, which all lead back to you.
    1. :
    2. Steamlogs:

Zitat

[11-6-2016][15:24:38] atrX: Voornamelijk gewoon als referentie gebruikt, hier en daar zitten er gelijkenissen in en het concept blijft natuurlijk hetzelfde.

Zitat

translation: Mostly used as a reference, some similarities here and there, and of course the concept remains the same.

Zitat

[11-6-2016][15:26:42] atrX: Voornamelijk herschreven, zoals ik al zei, hier en daar wat gelijkenissen maar verder eigen code.

Zitat

translation:Mostly rewritten, some similarities here and there but the rest is my own code

Zitat

[11-6-2016][15:27:56] IzNoGoD #afk: is t significant anders dan mijn movement code?
    [11-6-2016][15:32:21] atrX: Zou ik zo nu niet kunnen zeggen, is al even geleden dat ik nog naar de originele CoD2 mod's code heb gekeken. Ik neem aan dat er toch best wat verschillen in zitten gezien het een gehele rewrite is.

[quote
    translation: does it differ significantly from my movement code?
    I cannot tell you that right away, it's been a while since I last looked at the original cod2 mod's code. I take it that there are quite a few differences seeing that it is a full rewrite.[/quote]

So, seeing that it's based on the cod2 mod Kung Foo Man and I wrote, I expect there to be some compliance with the license that went along with it:

Atrix then makes a good point:

Zitat

[11-6-2016][15:39:54] atrX: En waar kan ik deze licentie vinden dan?
    [11-6-2016][15:40:04] IzNoGoD #afk: [DOWNLOAD] [CoD2] Surf-Mod
    [11-6-2016][15:41:00] atrX: Ah, ja, misschien een goed idee om deze ook op GitHub te zetten, nu is deze namelijk void.

Zitat

Translation:
    And where can I find said license?
    [DOWNLOAD] [CoD2] Surf-Mod
    Ah, right, maybe its a good idea to put this also on GitHub, now this license is void

But given that a google search on the git url has a first-page result with the actual killtube thread, I expect anyone to be able to find said license online. Furthermore, a single message to the git maintainer would have cleared all this up way before a full code rewrite. The license been added to the git repo since.

Then 2 days ago i messaged him after quickly trying his mod:

Zitat

[12-6-2016][20:16:59] IzNoGoD #afk: en t voelt alsof je mijn code enigszins geoptimaliseerd hebt

Zitat

translation: and it feels like you have optimized quote somewhat

So, instead of replying to my steam messages, you decide to attack me in public. Well, right back at you.

I'd still like you to abide by the license of the code you admitted to basing your work off. Also, I'd like to have some credit inside your mod, which is severely lacking at the moment.

Mapname too long, cod server is causing issues finding the file (max filename should fit inside the following to be compatible: usermaps/mapname/mapname.iwd shorter than 64 characters, you can cheat 1 character if you only have .ff files, not advised)

Edit: this is only an issue regarding downloading. If you have the files already, then everything works fine.

edit2.0: forgot about the _load file, so usermaps/mapname/mapname_load.ff has to be below 64 chars

To be more exact: contrary to cod2 where the entity's origin is stored in a full 32 bit signed integer (-2G to +2G), cod4 stores entity origins in signed 16 bit integers (-32k to +32k). This means that once a player goes outside of the (-32k, -32k, -32k) to (32k, 32k, 32k) box, he wraps around to his_origin&65k. You can clearly see this on some maps where different routes (easy/inter/hard) are positioned a multiple of 65k units apart and you can see the player doing ANOTHER route in your route.

This "bug" affects everything, from playermodels and scriptmodels to playsound and playfx. There's nothing modders can do to stop this aside from using really smart+tricky workarounds of which half wont even work.

So mappers: please try to keep your map inside the 32k mark on all axes.