Need help with skychanging mp_the_extreme ._.

• Hello,

I know how to change the sky of custom maps, so normally I don't have any problems with this rly..
    But I've been trying to change the sky of mp_the_extreme in any possible way but any of the methods I know don't work...
    Could someone try to figure out a way to change the sky on that map?

Thx already,

FrisbeeSky

• Heyo fris,

This always worked for me:

Not sure if it works on the extreme, but what i did is slightly different than the vid i think since I changed all the .iwd files in the main folder of cod4.

[2017-07-25 17:17:37] Funk Attack: bunny called u weak for only giving 30min ban
    [2017-07-25 17:17:46] 3xP' AlterEgo: can you ss it

• @frisbeesky nope I haven't, but this might work: Skin install tut May 31,2012 works on ALL SERVERS (Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare > Tutorials > Other/Misc) - GAMEBANANA
    This is what i use to change skyboxes and it works for me, but it has been a long time since i installed a different skybox
    P.s. this changes every skybox

[2017-07-25 17:17:37] Funk Attack: bunny called u weak for only giving 30min ban
    [2017-07-25 17:17:46] 3xP' AlterEgo: can you ss it

• I just found out that the problem might be the skyboxfile I am using since I figured out that it doesn't work for any map I go on.

I am trying to get the skybox which you can find in mp_brony, mp_on_the_sky and mp_sunset in mp_the_extreme.
    I've been told that pripyat_ft is the name of that skybox, I found that file in 'localized_english_aw03' in the 'main' folder and made 50 copies of it in a new 'images' folder, then renamed every file by all kinds of different names of other 'cod4 original' skyboxes and once I did that I made the 'images' folder in a zipfile.
    Then I put that file in the folder of '3xp_cj', started cod4, went on devmap, but saw no skies have been changed.

Something else I checked out was the iwd. file of mp_the_extreme which has quite a lot of imagefiles included, I turned all those files into DDS files, looked at them all but didn't find any image that looked like a skybox, so there isn't a skybox in the mp_the_extreme file either which I could replace.

Anyway, if someone could manage to figure out a way or manage to get a working skyskin of the skybox you can find on mp_brony, mp_on_the_sky and mp_sunset please send me a message here

• ALLRIGHT! I don't know how, but apperently copying a working iwd. skyskin and replacing the files in 'images' with the 50 times copied and renamed pripyat sky does work!

This makes me wonder why you can't just create an 'images' folder and put 50 times the same skyskinfiles with different names and then make a zipfile of it but well, I guess what I just said works..

Anyway, thanks for the help and thinking.

Problem Solved.